re Peterhead cemetaries.

  • rewarewa203
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 23, 2011
      Where can I find list of people buried in these cemetaries>
    • Henderson, Roy
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 23, 2011
        The Family History Society of Buchan publish two excellent CDs covering St Peters Kirkyard and Constitution Street. They are priced at about GBP 15 each. Further information can be obtained by emailing fhc@...<mailto:fhc@...>

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 24, 2011
          The cd's produced by the FHSB are excellent but are MI's and not a record of who is buried there. I have the one for St Peters Old Churchyard and it has given me a lot of information but not the names of all the people buried in the family lair.
          The information I obtained from the Peterhead Registrars Office gave the name, age, year, and last known address of the people buried in the lair.
          I found the ladies in the office very helpful .
          Janet

        • J
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011
            Hi Roy, saw your posting, can you tell me if the St. Peters information is on a seperate CD? also do you know when the CD for the St.Fergus cemetery will be released?
            Many thanks,
            James

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 27, 2011
              Hi James,

              Yes - the St Peters information is a separate CD and available from the Family History Society of Buchan via fhc@...<mailto:fhc@...>.

              Anne Allan (Chair, FHSB) is the project owner for the St Fergus cemetery and is the one to give you best information regarding the publication date. I have seen partial drafts of the data already collected and can say that a tremendous effort is being put into ensuring the information is both complete and accurate - including uncovering and then recovering buried stones for instance. Purely as an unofficial comment, I don't think Anne would mind me saying that it is unlikely to be published in the next three months but I think she would like it published during 2011.

              If you are looking for specific information regarding a memorial then come back on here - I have a number of pictures which might answer questions depending upon the legibility of the inscription - although obviously I do not wish to dilute the value of the final publication.

              Regards,

              Roy

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 28, 2011
                Hello Roy, hope that you are well?.
                Thank you for the info.re: St.Fergus, will keep a look out for release date of the CD.
                Regards,
                James

                --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Henderson, Roy" <roy.henderson@...> wrote:

                > Hi James,
                >
                > Yes - the St Peters information is a separate CD and available from the Family History Society of Buchan via fhc@...<mailto:fhc@...>.
                >
                > Anne Allan (Chair, FHSB) is the project owner for the St Fergus cemetery and is the one to give you best information regarding the publication date. I have seen partial drafts of the data already collected and can say that a tremendous effort is being put into ensuring the information is both complete and accurate - including uncovering and then recovering buried stones for instance. Purely as an unofficial comment, I don't think Anne would mind me saying that it is unlikely to be published in the next three months but I think she would like it published during 2011.
                >
                > If you are looking for specific information regarding a memorial then come back on here - I have a number of pictures which might answer questions depending upon the legibility of the inscription - although obviously I do not wish to dilute the value of the final publication.
                >
                > Regards,
                >
                > Roy

              • Anne
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
                  Hello James

                  Just saw your posting about St Fergus. Bad weather lst year meant we did not manage to do much of it, but I have information for about two thirds of it. If you want to get back to me with the name you are looking for I will see if it is one we have already found.

                  Regards

                  Anne
                  chair FHSB
                  chair(at)fhsb.org.uk