RE: [Peterhead] Scoul Bray, Peterhead

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 16, 2011
      Hi Margie,

      Thanks and it was a shame I missed catching up with you again when I was back in May, it is hard trying to catch up with everyone, especially when I was there only for a short time and going to a relatives wedding. I ended up buying a couple of Donald McLean Anderson’s book. It was funny following him back to his place and he pulls up next door to my Cousin’s house.

      Would you believe I managed to get a pile of old School photos that were on a CD rescued by a relative from being thrown away. When I get more time I’ll have to start sending some of them to you, hopefully we might be able to work out when and who might be in them. Some are identified at least by Academy, Buchanhaven, Burnhaven, Central, Chuckney, Episcopal, North, Playschool and Port Errol. I’d still like to find some with possibly with my Dad in them from Buchanhaven or Chuckney.

      I’ll put an order in for Alex’s book now, please let us know when it is published and how we can purchase, thanks.

      Regards,

      Wade.

      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 16, 2011
        Will certainly keep you informed.
        Donald's latest book has now been published
        Wade Fae Rosehearty to Fittie and I think its the
        best one yet. The title is a bit misleading as
        he didn't get as far as Fittie- he had so much
        material he stopped at Peterhead however the next
        one - due again at Christmas this year will start
        at Burnhaven I am already proof reading and
        checking the first section- Burnhaven, which
        centres on a member of the Buchan family (Grays)-
        Hardie's Peter's Wullie's Wullie's Wullie!!
        ( I volunteer as you know at the FHSB in Peterhead
        and we have loads of fun with the by names-
        sometimes a great way of sorting out the Buchans!

        The father was a curer - as were 4 of his brothers
        and with the collapse of the Russian market they
        lost their business and most of the money. One of
        the sons went abroad, another son went to find
        him, sent for the family when they found a place
        where they thought they could make a living,
        Seattle WA, where they started what became a very
        successful businesses.

        Margie
      • Mopar Man
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 16, 2011
          Margie,

          Are you the Margie Davidson mentioned in the last issue of "Aa the Claik"?
          If so, I'm eager to see the materials from your talk at the FHSB mentioned
          in the newsletter.