Winchester

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 1998
      Shelley Firth wrote:

      > looked up, be sure to ask, I have all from 1600's-1855. What I would
      > like to know is if anyone has access to records that would show the
      > marriage of a Jane Davidson Winchester or Winster, daughter of William
      > Winchester and Janet Davidson, marrying a McLeod, probably about 1868.

      There is a Jane Winchester married to Donald McLeod 11/12/1866 Peterhead
      I haven't transcribed the marriages for this year yet, so don't have any
      more information.

      > under Winster. Also, can anyone tell me if the Buchan name was mostly
      > from Aberdeenshire, or was the name also prominent in Banff or Moray, as
      > I cannot find the birth of my ggg grandmother Jane Buchan in the
      > Peterhead area.

      Mostly Aberdeenshire, those from Banff and Moray seem to also have come
      from Aberdeenshire, fisherman moving around the coast for better
      harbours.