Re: ALEXANDER MURRAY

  • Colin Murray
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 7, 2011
      Hi Alex

      Thanks for that, I have all of the available geneaological information on the entire family and it is mainly the ships and Certs that I need clarification of, for JW Murray in the book on his career (Last of the Whaling Captains) there is a complete breakdown of his ships/ranks/dates.
      Getting a bit of new information overload at the moment with updates and back-ups but keep it coming ideally apart from birth/death/marriage/census certs I am lacking electronic copies of most other things, are they available?

      Got the two books mentioned and I think that I have seen most websites with reference, and as mentioned in the other thread 'The Scotsman' newspaper archives have been an excellent source of 'on the spot' information for all things whaling and Scotland.

      Colin Murray