Descendants of Alexander Birnie born 1814

  • ogstonfamilyresearcher
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 26, 2010
      Looking for more information on any of the below......

      1. Alexander Birnie was born Mar 1814 and died Dec 1867. He married Moira Ann Moir Scott 06 Dec 1836 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. She was born Aug 1818 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, daughter of James Scott and Moira Moir Stevenson.

      Children of Alexander Birnie and Moira Ann Moir Scott:
      i. Maria Ann Birnie was born Oct 1837 in Peterhead and died 29 May 1864 in Peterhead
      ii. James Birnie was born May 1839 in Peterhead
      iii. Jean Birnie was born Oct 1845 in Peterhead and died 25 Nov 1933 in Peterhead
      iv. Peter Birnie was born Oct 1847 in Peterhead
      v. Margaret Birnie was born Oct 1848 in Peterhead
      vi. William Birnie was born Nov 1849 in Peterhead

      Generation 2

      2. James Birnie was born May 1839 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. He married Grace Park.

      Children of James Birnie and Grace Park:
      i. Alexander Birnie was born 15 Nov 1869 in Peterhead
      ii. James John Birnie was born 22 Jan 1871 in Peterhead
      iii. Grace Maria Stephen Birnie was born 18 Jan 1873 in Peterhead
      iv. Eliza Morrison Park Birnie was born 26 Sep 1874 in Peterhead
      v. Patrick Birnie was born 1877 in Peterhead
      vi. Alfred Thom Birnie was born 1879 in Peterhead

      3. Peter Birnie was born Oct 1847 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. He married Jane Hutton 26 Nov 1874 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire.

      Children of Peter Birnie and Jane Hutton:
      i. Thomas Hutton Birnie was born 1876 in Peterhead
      ii. Peter Birnie was born 1878 in Peterhead
      iii. Jane H S Birnie was born 1880 in Peterhead
      iv. Alexander Birnie was born 03 Oct 1881 in Peterhead
      v. Maria A Birnie was born 1886 in Peterhead
      vi. Lillie Birnie was born 1888 in Peterhead
      vii. James Kemp Birnie was born 04 Apr 1891 in Anderston, Lanark

      5. William Birnie was born Nov 1849 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. He married Margaret McGregor 24 Oct 1869 in Peterhead, Aberdeenshire. She was born 1848.

      Children of William Birnie and Margaret McGregor:
      i. Jane Birnie was born 11 Oct 1869 in Peterhead
      ii. Jennetta Birnie was born 24 Sep 1872 in Peterhead
      iii. Maria Ann Birnie was born 1878 in Peterhead
      iv. William Birnie was born 31 Mar 1881 in Peterhead
      v. Alexander Birnie was born 30 Mar 1891 in Peterhead
    • David Britt
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2010
        Susan.  This site will take you directly to all the information I have on
        Alexander Birnie and his decendents and antecedents.
        http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=dvldog&id=I274%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0%c2%a0

        Hope this helps.  db

        David Britt
        Oceanside, CA

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 27, 2010
          Thank you David - that helped - I didnt have Jane marrying John Thom and since found that they had a son Alexander Birnie Thom born Dec 10 1868.

          I have also found that Margaret Birnie married Alfred Barclay and had 4 children.

          You can find my work (and sources)on this family at
          http://smarlow.tribalpages.com/tribe/browse?userid=smarlow&view=0&pid=603&randi=80756525&switch=0

          Cheers
          Susan
        • David Britt
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 27, 2010
            Susan.. Glad it helped.  A site you might want to visit is birnie.org.   Also if
            you search the Birnie name on the Peterhead site you will find a great amount of
            informaiton in previous inquiries.  Cheers.. db

            ________________________________

          • ljthom2003@yahoo.com.au
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 29, 2010
              Hi everyone,

              I have been trying to access Wade’s site for a couple of days with no luck

              http://users.bigpond.net.au/phdgen/

              Is there a problem or is it just me?

              Thanks

              Lyn

              Researching Clubb & Davidson

            • Henderson, Roy
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 29, 2010
                I am getting an http 400 error back Lyn - connection refused - so looks like a server or hosting issue ...

                Regards,

                Roy

                ________________________________

                I have been trying to access Wade’s site for a couple of days with no luck

                http://users.bigpond.net.au/phdgen/

                Is there a problem or is it just me?

                Thanks

                Lyn

                Researching Clubb & Davidson

                CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

                This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed herein.
                If you are not the intended recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others.
                Also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.
                The sender totally disclaims, and will not accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use,
                or the consequences of any unauthorized use, of this communication or message.