genealogy

  • Ken Tryon
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 29 6:11 AM
      Would like to find out the parents of alexander smith and jean or jane davidson
      who were married in 1853 from the marriage certificate.

    • Ray Hennessy
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 29 6:28 AM
        On 29 September 2010 14:11, Ken Tryon <tryonken@...> wrote:

        > Would like to find out the parents of alexander smith and jean or jane
        davidson who were married in 1853 from the marriage certificate.
        =======================
        Ken

        Their marriage entry in the OPR was on 4 September 1853 which was before
        Statutory Registration. So there is no marriage certificate as such. The
        OPR film may give some detail depending on the amount the Minister &/or his
        scribe decided to include! But it is unlikely there will be parental names.
        Sometimes in Aberdeen St Nicholas these were included but it was seldom
        added to other OPR records. The best source of parents' names, if Alexander
        and Jane stayed in Scotland, would be post-1855 death certificates or
        re-marriage certificates [if any].

        Be lucky!

        --
        Best wishes

        Ray

        From Ray Hennessy
        Forenames website: www.whatsinaname.net
        Preferred Email address: ray@...
        Hints for Scotland's People at http://bit.ly/WIAN-SCP

      • Ken Tryon
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 30 6:18 AM
          Would like to find out the date of Jane Smith's death.  My best knowledge is she
          died June/July of 1895 and her husband was Alexander Smith a tailor.  Any
          information on the death certificate would be
          appreciated.

        • Ray Hennessy
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 30 7:57 AM
            On 30 September 2010 14:18, Ken Tryon <tryonken@...> wrote:

            > > Would like to find out the date of Jane Smith's death. My best knowledge
            > is she died June/July of 1895 and her husband was Alexander Smith a tailor.
            > Any information on the death certificate would be appreciated.

            ======================================

            Hi Ken

            She doesn't appear on Scotland's People in Aberdeenshire but there are 7
            Jeans and 66 Jane SMITHs who died in Scotland in 1895. One of the latter
            also had the surname DAVIDSON associated with her. You could invest a
            little cash and have a look at that record.

            The record isn't on the "Sct BDM" site so no-one has lodged the details
            there yet.
            --
            Best wishes

            Ray

            BTW did you pick up my previous response?

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 5, 2010
              Would like to know if a Williamson married a George Davidson during the time
              frame about 1785  and 1805?

              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 19, 2010
                On 5 October 2010 14:13, Ken Tryon <tryonken@...> wrote:

                > Would like to know if a Williamson married a George Davidson during the
                > time
                > frame about 1785 and 1805?

                Ken

                And I would like to know if you got/read my previous responses?

                Ray