Re: Robertson Mat{t}hew's family

  • ogstonfamilyresearcher
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 8, 2010
      I dont know if you have this information already...but this is what I have found.

      Groom's Name: Robertson Matthew
      Bride's Name: Eliza Robertson
      Marriage Date: 19 Oct 1854
      Marriage Place: Peterhead,Aberdeen,Scotland
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: M11232-5
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 993353
      Collection: Scotland Marriages, 1561-1910

      Name: Alexander Matthew
      Gender: Male
      Baptism/Christening Date: 09 Dec 1854
      Baptism/Christening Place: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Robertson Matthew
      Mother's Name: Eliza Robertson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-6
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 993354
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Name: William Matthew
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: 25 Oct 1856
      Birthplace: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Robertson Matthew
      Mother's Name: Eliza Robertson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-1
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 6035516
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Name: William Robertson Matthew
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: 26 Apr 1859
      Birthplace: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Robertson Matthew
      Mother's Name: Eliza Robertson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-1
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 6035516
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Name: Robertson Mathew
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: 15 Aug 1861
      Birthplace: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Robertson Mathew
      Mother's Name: Eliza Robertson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-1
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 6035516
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Name: Eliza Ann Matthew
      Gender: Female
      Birth Date: 09 Jun 1864
      Birthplace: SAINT NICHOLAS,ABERDEEN,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Robertson Matthew
      Mother's Name: Elizabeth Robertson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11168-1
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 6035516
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Name: James Cow Matthew
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: 07 Jan 1869
      Birthplace: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Robertson Matthew
      Mother's Name: Eliza Robertson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-1
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 6035516
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Name: John Scroggie Matthew
      Gender: Male
      Birth Date: 31 Mar 1872
      Birthplace: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Robertson Matthew
      Mother's Name: Eliza Robertson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-1
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 6035516
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Cheers
      Susan

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "chickcorbybred" <chickcorbybred@...> wrote:

      > Hi all, I am new to this site so please bear with me. I am looking for
      > ancestors of Robertson Mathew he married Eliza Robertson in 1854, and
      > was living with his mother and sister {both named Margaret in the 1851
      > census, were there any more siblings and where was his father} my
      > problem is I can't find any record of him in Scotlands People prior to
      > this. I know the family tended to name the first son after his
      > grandfather, so I assume Robertson's father was called Alexander as
      > that was his first sons name. I am also trying to find Robertson's son
      > also called Robertson, he was born in 1861 and is living with his
      > parents and siblings at 5 Rose St Peterhead in the 1881 census,I can't
      > find him anywhere after that. Also looking for decendants of David
      > Bruce McWilliam Buchan {formerly Mathew} he married Mary Bella Geddes
      > 30/08/1929, he was living at 41 High St Buchanhaven Peterhead at the
      > time of his marriage. David was my fathers full cousin. One of the
      > things that intrigues me is most of the family that I know of have
      > second names which where maiden names from somewhere in the family ie
      > Scroggie. My brother is called John Scroggie Mathew as are several of
      > my cousins and my Grandfather but nobody seems to know where this name
      > comes from. Well I think thats enough from me for now, I hope the
      > group can help me, regards Chick.

    • chick mathew
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 9, 2010
        Hi Susan, yes I have this already, I'm trying to find where and when Robertson senior and his siblings were born. I do have quite a bit of information his family were Alexander b1830c d1876 aboard the Theseus, Thomas b 1823c d1891 Peterhead, Janet b1827c,  Andrew b1828c, Robertson b1829c d 1911 Grangemouth Scotland, Margaret b 1830c James b 1831c d1906 in Dalyesford Victoria Australia. Parents were Alexander Matthew and Margaret Robertson marriage unknown, Margaret's parents were Peter Robertson and Isabell OGSTON. I am trying to find if Alexander {1830} was married and had a family, also anything about Robertson {1861} he appeared on the 1881 census then nothing until he arrived in Glasgow from New York 1908 as a ships fitter and went back to NY IN 1909. So many brickwalls I am losing track, any help would be appreciated.    regards Chick Mathew

        --- On Wed, 8/9/10, ogstonfamilyresearcher <familyhunter57@...> wrorte:

        From: ogstonfamilyresearcher <familyhunter57@...>
        Subject: [Peterhead] Re: Robertson Mat{t}hew's family
        To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com