Re: [Peterhead] Re: Urgent Help Needed Please..

  • William Leslie
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
      Yes, this is a typical Nigerian Scam letter.Just block the sender.
      William

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
        I agree with you Margaret - I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Any mention of such robbery in the news? Jean
        > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
        >

        > it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in
        >

        > Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is
        >

        > that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
        >

        > experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities
        >

        > are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
        >

        > passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we
        >

        > need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.
        >

        > We're in a tight situation over here we just
        >

        > really need your financial assistants in getting on a plane back home,
        >

        > $2,000 is all we need now,you can get the money to us here using a western
        >

        > union, you need just my name as written on my passport and the location
        >

        > here, we can get on a plane in the next 3hrs if we can get the money, Its
        >

        > not just safe here, We're really freaking out.
        >

        > Here's the details :
        >

        > Name: David Britt
        >

        > Location:Scotland, United Kingdom
        >

        > Amount: $2,000USD.
        >

        > Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you send it.

        > Thanks
        >

        > David
        >

        > HELP!!!

      • David Massie
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
          David Britt wrote:

          > This is definately a scam.. I can assure you I am not in Scotland and do
          > not need help. I now need to check if my email has been infected. db

          Odd that it used your email address. As soon as I see the infamous words
          'Western Union' I smell scam straight away. Gotta love the sheer
          incompetence of the criminals though; asking for an amount to be
          addressed to 'Scotland, UK'. That's bound to find them...

          Dave
        • Pam Cameron
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
            Any update on this mater?