Urgent Help Needed Please..

  • David Britt
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
      I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but

      it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in

      Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is

      that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy

      experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities

      are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our

      passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we

      need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.

      We're in a tight situation over here we just

      really need your financial assistants in getting on a plane back home,

      $2,000 is all we need now,you can get the money to us here using a western

      union, you need just my name as written on my passport and the location

      here, we can get on a plane in the next 3hrs if we can get the money, Its

      not just safe here, We're really freaking out.

      Here's the details :

      Name: David Britt

      Location:Scotland, United Kingdom

      Amount:  $2,000USD.

      Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you send it.

      Thanks

      David

      HELP!!!

    • margaret339587
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
        Think is yet another scam!!!!!
        Anyone else had this?

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:

        > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
        >

        > it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in
        >

        > Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is
        >

        > that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
        >

        > experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities
        >

        > are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
        >

        > passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we
        >

        > need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.
        >

        > We're in a tight situation over here we just
        >

        > really need your financial assistants in getting on a plane back home,
        >

        > $2,000 is all we need now,you can get the money to us here using a western
        >

        > union, you need just my name as written on my passport and the location
        >

        > here, we can get on a plane in the next 3hrs if we can get the money, Its
        >

        > not just safe here, We're really freaking out.
        >

        > Here's the details :
        >

        > Name: David Britt
        >

        > Location:Scotland, United Kingdom
        >

        > Amount:  $2,000USD.
        >

        > Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you send it.

        > Thanks
        >

        > David
        >

        > HELP!!!

      • Peter Terence Milne
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
          Margaret
          Yes I think scam it is verbatime to one being reported here in the the US

          Peter Terence Milne

          ________________________________
          > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
          >

          > it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in
          >

          > Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is
          >

          > that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
          >

          > experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities
          >

          > are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
          >

          > passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we
          >

          > need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.
          >

          > We're in a tight situation over here we just
          >

          > really need your financial assistants in getting on a plane back home,
          >

          > $2,000 is all we need now,you can get the money to us here using a western
          >

          > union, you need just my name as written on my passport and the location
          >

          > here, we can get on a plane in the next 3hrs if we can get the money, Its
          >

          > not just safe here, We're really freaking out.
          >

          > Here's the details :
          >

          > Name: David Britt
          >

          > Location:Scotland, United Kingdom
          >

          > Amount:  $2,000USD.
          >

          > Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you send it.

          > Thanks
          >

          > David
          >

          > HELP!!!

        • David Britt
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
            This is definately a scam.. I can assure you I am not in Scotland and do not need help.  I now need to check if my email has been infected.  db

            > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
            >

            > it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in
            >

            > Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is
            >

            > that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
            >

            > experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities
            >

            > are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
            >

            > passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we
            >

            > need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.
            >

            > We're in a tight situation over here we just
            >

            > really need your financial assistants in getting on a plane back home,
            >

            > $2,000 is all we need now,you can get the money to us here using a western
            >

            > union, you need just my name as written on my passport and the location
            >

            > here, we can get on a plane in the next 3hrs if we can get the money, Its
            >

            > not just safe here, We're really freaking out.
            >

            > Here's the details :
            >

            > Name: David Britt
            >

            > Location:Scotland, United Kingdom
            >

            > Amount:  $2,000USD.
            >

            > Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you send it.

            > Thanks
            >

            > David
            >

            > HELP!!!

          • William Leslie
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
              Yes, this is a typical Nigerian Scam letter.Just block the sender.
              William

              > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
              >

              > it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in
              >

              > Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is
              >

              > that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
              >

              > experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities
              >

              > are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
              >

              > passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we
              >

              > need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.
              >

              > We're in a tight situation over here we just
              >

              > really need your financial assistants in getting on a plane back home,
              >

              > $2,000 is all we need now,you can get the money to us here using a western
              >

              > union, you need just my name as written on my passport and the location
              >

              > here, we can get on a plane in the next 3hrs if we can get the money, Its
              >

              > not just safe here, We're really freaking out.
              >

              > Here's the details :
              >

              > Name: David Britt
              >

              > Location:Scotland, United Kingdom
              >

              > Amount: $2,000USD.
              >

              > Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you send it.

              > Thanks
              >

              > David
              >

              > HELP!!!

            • Jean Cameron
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
                I agree with you Margaret - I would not touch it with a ten foot pole. Any mention of such robbery in the news? Jean
                > I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but
                >

                > it's just the situation of things right now, We're presently stuck in
                >

                > Scotland , we came down here on vacation. we were robbed, worse of it is
                >

                > that bag, cash and credit cards was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy
                >

                > experience for us and we need help with flying back home, the authorities
                >

                > are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our
                >

                > passports but don't have enough money to get on a plane back home, please we
                >

                > need you to loan us some money till we get back home to refund it back.
                >

                > We're in a tight situation over here we just
                >

                > really need your financial assistants in getting on a plane back home,
                >

                > $2,000 is all we need now,you can get the money to us here using a western
                >

                > union, you need just my name as written on my passport and the location
                >

                > here, we can get on a plane in the next 3hrs if we can get the money, Its
                >

                > not just safe here, We're really freaking out.
                >

                > Here's the details :
                >

                > Name: David Britt
                >

                > Location:Scotland, United Kingdom
                >

                > Amount: $2,000USD.
                >

                > Kindly reply me with the confirmation number as soon as you send it.

                > Thanks
                >

                > David
                >

                > HELP!!!

              • David Massie
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 29, 2010
                  David Britt wrote:

                  > This is definately a scam.. I can assure you I am not in Scotland and do
                  > not need help. I now need to check if my email has been infected. db

                  Odd that it used your email address. As soon as I see the infamous words
                  'Western Union' I smell scam straight away. Gotta love the sheer
                  incompetence of the criminals though; asking for an amount to be
                  addressed to 'Scotland, UK'. That's bound to find them...

                  Dave
                • Pam Cameron
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 2, 2010
                    Any update on this mater?