Re: George Simpson

  • ogstonfamilyresearcher
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 23 12:15 PM
      Hi Alex,

      So I decided to google Andrew Simpson and to my surprise I came across your article that you wrote for the Family History Society of Buchan Spring 2009 Newsletter - well done!

      I have also found where there were many many XXXX Innes Simpson born through out the UK - so I dont think we can go by the name Innes as a connection to the same family.

      But in saying that I did find this so far about Andrew.
      Name: Andrew Simpson
      Gender: Male
      Baptism/Christening Date: 29 Jan 1792
      Baptism/Christening Place: Christ Church, Tynemouth, Northumberland, England
      Father's Name: Andrew Simpson
      Mother's Name: Margaret
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C02173-5
      System Origin: England-EASy
      Source Film Number: 1068907
      Reference Number: item 4
      Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

      I wish they listed his mothers full name!! I wonder if it was Buchanan - I have not foudn a marriage for them as of yet.

      Name: Jean Innes Simpson
      Gender: Female
      Baptism/Christening Date: 16 Aug 1829
      Baptism/Christening Place: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
      Father's Name: Andrew Simpson
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-5
      System Origin: Scotland-ODM
      Source Film Number: 993353
      Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

      Name: Margaret Innis Simpson
      Gender: Female
      Baptism/Christening Date: 02 Oct 1836
      Baptism/Christening Place: CHRIST CHURCH, TYNEMOUTH, NORTHUMBERLAND, ENGLAND
      Father's Name: Andrew Simpson
      Mother's Name: Elizabeth
      Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C15597-5
      System Origin: England-ODM
      Source Film Number: 1068908
      Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

      Cheers
      Susan