Re: [Peterhead] George Simpson

  • David Britt
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 23, 2010
      Thanks Alex.. I knew from past experience that you were the go-to-person for
      Ship's Masters..  All the best... db

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 20 , Aug 23, 2010
        Hi Alex,

        So I decided to google Andrew Simpson and to my surprise I came across your article that you wrote for the Family History Society of Buchan Spring 2009 Newsletter - well done!

        I have also found where there were many many XXXX Innes Simpson born through out the UK - so I dont think we can go by the name Innes as a connection to the same family.

        But in saying that I did find this so far about Andrew.
        Name: Andrew Simpson
        Gender: Male
        Baptism/Christening Date: 29 Jan 1792
        Baptism/Christening Place: Christ Church, Tynemouth, Northumberland, England
        Father's Name: Andrew Simpson
        Mother's Name: Margaret
        Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C02173-5
        System Origin: England-EASy
        Source Film Number: 1068907
        Reference Number: item 4
        Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

        I wish they listed his mothers full name!! I wonder if it was Buchanan - I have not foudn a marriage for them as of yet.

        Name: Jean Innes Simpson
        Gender: Female
        Baptism/Christening Date: 16 Aug 1829
        Baptism/Christening Place: PETERHEAD,ABERDEEN,SCOTLAND
        Father's Name: Andrew Simpson
        Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11232-5
        System Origin: Scotland-ODM
        Source Film Number: 993353
        Collection: Scotland Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950

        Name: Margaret Innis Simpson
        Gender: Female
        Baptism/Christening Date: 02 Oct 1836
        Baptism/Christening Place: CHRIST CHURCH, TYNEMOUTH, NORTHUMBERLAND, ENGLAND
        Father's Name: Andrew Simpson
        Mother's Name: Elizabeth
        Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C15597-5
        System Origin: England-ODM
        Source Film Number: 1068908
        Collection: England Births and Christenings, 1538-1975

        Cheers
        Susan