Re: [Peterhead] Re: re George Simpson,Peterhead shipmaster.

  • David Britt
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2010
      Susan.. Since I came into this thread late; Have you heard from Alex Ritchie.
      If anyone can help you with a Shipmaster it's Alex.  A search of previous
      threads from him has:

      GEORGE SIMPSON

      One of Peterhead’s most successful whaling captains. He owned and died
      in command of the “Industry” on her maiden voyage to the Baltic with a
      cargo of herring. His son George was a crew member on this voyage. He
      was buried at Stettin.

      Born : c1790

      Cheers.. db