Re: re George Simpson,Peterhead shipmaster.

  • ogstonfamilyresearcher
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 22, 2010
      Hi David,

      This is wonderful! Thank you so much for your help! I wish that Scotland was as open with their records as England is. It would sure make life easier!!!

      I have not found a source online for a full OPR FREE listing for Aberdeenshire - do you know of one?

      Cheers
      Susan

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:

      > Susan.. Another George accounted for????    According to the Strathdon OPRs this
      > Geo matches one you had listed.
      >
      > George Simpson, farmer (single)
      > 1867 March fifteenth 3h 50m PM Wester Skellater
      > M: 76 years
      > parents: George Simpson, farmer (deceased) & Margaret Simpson ms Michie
      > (deceased)
      > cause: Chronic hepatitis, 12 months; Jaundice, asthenia.  As certified by
      > Alexander Profeit Surgeon, Towie
      > informant: James Shaw nephew (present)
      > 1867 March 16th at Strathdon.  James Wattie Registrar
    • David Britt
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 22, 2010
        Susan.. Since I came into this thread late; Have you heard from Alex Ritchie.
        If anyone can help you with a Shipmaster it's Alex.  A search of previous
        threads from him has:

        GEORGE SIMPSON

        One of Peterhead’s most successful whaling captains. He owned and died
        in command of the “Industry” on her maiden voyage to the Baltic with a
        cargo of herring. His son George was a crew member on this voyage. He
        was buried at Stettin.

        Born : c1790

        Cheers.. db