Re: George SIMPSON, Shipmaster

  • ogstonfamilyresearcher
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 21, 2010
      Hi Alison,

      I know you are quite right and I thank you for your response. But optimism is my middle name and brick walls were meant to tumble down! haha And who knows - maybe some kind soul out there will have the information I am looking for and post it.

      Cheers
      Susan

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Alison Kennedy <alison2kennedy@...> wrote:

      > I don't want to disappoint you but for every birth / baptism which you have
      > found there are at least the same number whose birth / baptism either wasn't
      > registered or the record has not survived the intervening years.  Unless (or
      > until) you have got some form of proof as to George's parents I'm afraid that
      > you have just reached a brick wall in your research, one that you might not
      > possibly resolve.  Try checking census records and see if the family ever had
      > relatives (of George) living with them who may have survived past 1855 and whose
      > death (or marriage) certificates may give some assistance, or try checking other
      > Simpson records to see if you can find a connection to your George through
      > witnesses or informants.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Alison

    • ogstonfamilyresearcher
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 12 3:35 AM
        Malcolm - please contact me at familyhunter57(at)gmail.com. I have found more information on our growing Simpson family!!!

        Cheers
        Susan