Re: [Peterhead] Re: George SIMPSON, Shipmaster

  • Alison Kennedy
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 21 11:56 AM
      I don't want to disappoint you but for every birth / baptism which you have
      found there are at least the same number whose birth / baptism either wasn't
      registered or the record has not survived the intervening years.  Unless (or
      until) you have got some form of proof as to George's parents I'm afraid that
      you have just reached a brick wall in your research, one that you might not
      possibly resolve.  Try checking census records and see if the family ever had
      relatives (of George) living with them who may have survived past 1855 and whose
      death (or marriage) certificates may give some assistance, or try checking other
      Simpson records to see if you can find a connection to your George through
      witnesses or informants.

      Regards

      Alison

      ________________________________

      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 21 12:28 PM
        Hi Alison,

        I know you are quite right and I thank you for your response. But optimism is my middle name and brick walls were meant to tumble down! haha And who knows - maybe some kind soul out there will have the information I am looking for and post it.

        Cheers
        Susan

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Alison Kennedy <alison2kennedy@...> wrote:

        > I don't want to disappoint you but for every birth / baptism which you have
        > found there are at least the same number whose birth / baptism either wasn't
        > registered or the record has not survived the intervening years.  Unless (or
        > until) you have got some form of proof as to George's parents I'm afraid that
        > you have just reached a brick wall in your research, one that you might not
        > possibly resolve.  Try checking census records and see if the family ever had
        > relatives (of George) living with them who may have survived past 1855 and whose
        > death (or marriage) certificates may give some assistance, or try checking other
        > Simpson records to see if you can find a connection to your George through
        > witnesses or informants.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > Alison

      • ogstonfamilyresearcher
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 12, 2011
          Malcolm - please contact me at familyhunter57(at)gmail.com. I have found more information on our growing Simpson family!!!

          Cheers
          Susan