BOOTH/EWAN

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16 4:33 AM
      For : Susan

      Enjoyed seeing your Family Tree. I am not connected to your family but, because of my interest in Peterhead shipmasters, I can add a little more to your Tree :

      David Ewan (b.1816) was the son of David Ewan (Weaving manufacturer) and Margaret Robertson.
      He died on March 3rd.1864 in Lerwick (Death Certificate : 005 Entry 12). He was master of the Peterhead whaler "Windward". It was common practice for Peterhead whalers to call in at the Shetlands to take on crew, on their way to the whaling.

      All the best................Alex Ritchie