Hutchison family

  • Tuathanach
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2010
      Does anyone hae any more informtion on the Hutchison family. here is what I have:
      William hutchison married Marjory Smith on 27 jul 1840 in Peterhead. on 28 oct 1853 they had a daughter Williamina Hutchison, who married John Donald in aberdeen in 1872.

      Marjory's parents are William smith and Mary Sutherland, and she remarried after williams death to George Walker.
    • Cci
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2010
        Hi George,
        Found some more of your family in Peterhead.

        William Hutchison, seaman in Peterhead and Marjory Smith
        his wife, a son John Smith born 19 Aug 1845 bap 26 Aug 1845
        before James Robertson and James Hutchison

        William Hutchison, seaman in Peterhead and Marjory Smith
        his wife a dau Mary Jane and a son James,
        twins born 25 Oct 1851 bap 2 Nov 1851
        before James Robertson and James Hutchison

        William Hutchison, seaman in Peterhead and Marjory Smith
        his wife a dau Wilhelmina born 28 Oct 1853 bap 1 Dec 1853
        before Alexander Watson and Robert Hutchison

        There are another 2 William Hutchison's in the same time period but with different wives.
        This entry has no mothers name.

        William Hutchison, seaman in Peterhead a dau Isabella Sarah
        born 5 Sept 1843 bap 13 Sept 1843
        before George Porter and George Bruce

        There are records of the Hutchison's (perhaps not all your direct line) going back to the 1790'a in Peterhead and Boddam,
        if you would like me to help you, I offer to, but contact me off line.
        cci@...

        Best wishes,
        Catherine
        Bassendean, Perth, Western Australia