ALEXANDER SKENE & ISOBEL MILNE MARRIED 23OCT1819 PETERHEAD

  • flss1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2010
      I'm descended from this couple. They lived in Windmill Street.Isobel died in January 1849 & Alexander(a carpenter),died in August the same year. They had 7 children.Susan born c1819,Alexander born 1820,Thomas born 1821,George born 1823,Jean born 1825,John born 1829,& Robert born 1831. They were all born in Peterhead & all married except Susan,who died a spinster at 67 Longate, on 9th February 1892. I have the marriage & death details for these siblings but would love to hear from anyone who thinks they might be connected to them.
    • Arthur
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2010
        This maybe a long chance but I have a Mary Skene who came to New Zealand
        c1869, she married a Alexander Davidson in New Plymouth, New Zealand in Nov
        1869.

        Mary died in 1922 at the age of 80 years. The death certificate only shows
        she was born in Scotland. Maiden name of mother unknown, only name shown for
        father was SKENE.

        This is the first time that I have seen this name come up on this group so I
        thought I might ask.

        Arthur De Maine
        Kakanui
        New Zealand