Re: James Strachan & Amelia Gordon

  • Margaret
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 10, 2010
      Hello Alison. Came across your post re Peterhead Old Kirkyard snd wonder if you can help me.Re Christian A masson age 44 of Broad St dec Aug 24 1896. Was she daughter of Amelia W Hird and Wife of Andrew Masson? Amelia W Hird dec Oct 6 1900.
      Marg.

      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "Alison Anderson" <A.M.Anderson@...> wrote:

      > Hi Sam,
      >
      > I'm re-sending this, as the first one I sent appears to have fallen into the black hole!
      >
      > The details of the lair are as follows:
      >
      > Peterhead Old Kirkyard
      > Lair No. C 301 (No Stone) – (No name)
      > Included in this grave are the following:
      >
      > Oct. 29, 1849 – Isabella E. Cordiner, age 4, (blank)
      > Oct. 29, 1849 – Eliza Cordiner, age 8, Boddam
      > Nov. 2, 1849 – John Cordiner, age 11, Boddam
      > Jan. 14, 1850 – Isabella Skinner, age 62, Roanheads
      > June 3, 1852 – Margt. Sangster, age 5, (blank)
      > Sep. 11, 1866 – Helen A. Strachan, age 8 months, Seagate
      > Oct. 1, 1867 – Emily Finnie, age 6 months, Seagate
      > April 2, 1868 – John G. Strachan, age 4, Seagate
      > July 22, 1868 – Margt. H. Strachan, age 4, Seagate
      > Aug. 28, 1871 – Sarah Morrison, age 43, Tolbooth Wynd
      > Aug. 24, 1874 – James Masson, age 19 months, Seagate
      > Oct. 3, 1876 – Mary Hird, age 17 months, Seagate
      > Dec. 10, 1878 – Andrew Masson, age 2, Broad Place
      > July 25, 1885 – Andrew Masson, newborn, 2 Seagate
      > Aug. 9, 1886 – Helen Turriff, age 34, Kirk Street
      > Aug. 24, 1896 – Christian A. Masson, age 44, Broad Street
      > May 13, 1899 – Christina I. Wallace, 1 day, Jamaica Street
      > Oct. 6, 1900 – Amelia W. Hird, age 78, Rose Street
      > July 7, 1920 – George Grant, age 1 month, 3 Bath Street
      > Nov. 15, 1921 – Elizabeth Grant, age 3 weeks, 3 Bath Street
      > Dec. 15, 1922 – Elizabeth Masson or Sedman, age 36, 64 Queen Street
      >
      > My interest in this grave is through the child Emily Finnie, who would have been my husband's first cousin, twice removed! Amelia W. Hird (or Herd, nee Wilson) who died October 6, 1900, was her maternal grandmother.
      >
      > In case you are interested the details of Emily Finnie's death are as follows:
      >
      > No. 163 - Emily Finnie, single, died 29th September, 1867, at 2h 30m a.m. at 9/5 Seagate, female, 6 months. Parents: James Finnie, Ship's Carpenter, and Margaret Finnie ms Herd. Cause: unknown, no medical attendant. Informant: Emily Herd, grandmother, present, occupier.
      >
      > I'm not too sure of the others in the lair or the relationships. If you can fill in any of the details then I'd be interested to hear of them.
      >
      > Hope this helps.
      >
      > Alison

    • Alison Kennedy
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 11, 2010
        Hi Margaret

        Christian A Masson was the daughter of James Herd, Seaman & Emily (Amelia) Herd ms Wilson.  Death details are as follows:

        1896 Deaths in the District of Peterhead in the County of Aberdeen

        No. 148; Christina Masson, married to Andrew Masson, Cooper, died 1896, August Twentieth at 6h 40m pm at 69E Broad Street, Peterhead, female, age 44 years.  Parents: James Herd, Seaman & Emily Herd ms Wilson.  Cause:  Uterine Haemorrhage (accidental) 6 hours as certified by Jas. Stephen M.D.  Informant:  Andrew Masson, Widower (present).  Registered 1896, August 21st at Peterhead by Alex. Robertson, Registrar.

        For your information Amelia Herd (ms Wilson) died 2 October 1900 - the date 6 October 1900 was the day her body was interred in St Peter's Churchyard.

        I trust the above is of assistance but if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

        Alison

        ________________________________
        Hello Alison. Came across your post re Peterhead Old Kirkyard snd wonder if you can help me.Re Christian A masson age 44 of Broad St dec Aug 24 1896. Was she daughter of Amelia W Hird and Wife of Andrew Masson? Amelia W Hird dec Oct 6 1900.
        Marg.

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, "Alison Anderson" <A.M.Anderson@ ...> wrote:

        > Hi Sam,
        >
        > I'm re-sending this, as the first one I sent appears to have fallen into the black hole!
        >
        > The details of the lair are as follows:
        >
        > Peterhead Old Kirkyard
        > Lair No. C 301 (No Stone) – (No name)
        > Included in this grave are the following:
        >
        > Oct. 29, 1849 – Isabella E. Cordiner, age 4, (blank)
        > Oct. 29, 1849 – Eliza Cordiner, age 8, Boddam
        > Nov. 2, 1849 – John Cordiner, age 11, Boddam
        > Jan. 14, 1850 – Isabella Skinner, age 62, Roanheads
        > June 3, 1852 – Margt. Sangster, age 5, (blank)
        > Sep. 11, 1866 – Helen A. Strachan, age 8 months, Seagate
        > Oct. 1, 1867 – Emily Finnie, age 6 months, Seagate
        > April 2, 1868 – John G. Strachan, age 4, Seagate
        > July 22, 1868 – Margt. H. Strachan, age 4, Seagate
        > Aug. 28, 1871 – Sarah Morrison, age 43, Tolbooth Wynd
        > Aug. 24, 1874 – James Masson, age 19 months, Seagate
        > Oct. 3, 1876 – Mary Hird, age 17 months, Seagate
        > Dec. 10, 1878 – Andrew Masson, age 2, Broad Place
        > July 25, 1885 – Andrew Masson, newborn, 2 Seagate
        > Aug. 9, 1886 – Helen Turriff, age 34, Kirk Street
        > Aug. 24, 1896 – Christian A. Masson, age 44, Broad Street
        > May 13, 1899 – Christina I. Wallace, 1 day, Jamaica Street
        > Oct. 6, 1900 – Amelia W. Hird, age 78, Rose Street
        > July 7, 1920 – George Grant, age 1 month, 3 Bath Street
        > Nov. 15, 1921 – Elizabeth Grant, age 3 weeks, 3 Bath Street
        > Dec. 15, 1922 – Elizabeth Masson or Sedman, age 36, 64 Queen Street
        >
        > My interest in this grave is through the child Emily Finnie, who would have been my husband's first cousin, twice removed! Amelia W. Hird (or Herd, nee Wilson) who died October 6, 1900, was her maternal grandmother.
        >
        > In case you are interested the details of Emily Finnie's death are as follows:
        >
        > No. 163 - Emily Finnie, single, died 29th September, 1867, at 2h 30m a.m. at 9/5 Seagate, female, 6 months. Parents: James Finnie, Ship's Carpenter, and Margaret Finnie ms Herd. Cause: unknown, no medical attendant. Informant: Emily Herd, grandmother, present, occupier.
        >
        > I'm not too sure of the others in the lair or the relationships. If you can fill in any of the details then I'd be interested to hear of them.
        >
        > Hope this helps.
        >
        > Alison

      • Margaret
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 11, 2010
          Hello Alison,
          Thank you so much for the info. Andrew Masson and Christian Herd were grandparents of my late father in law. His mother was their daughter Elizabeth Thomson Masson (later Mrs Sedman) I was unaware until a few days ago, that Christian had died and Andrew re married. My F.I.L was reared by his grandmother. It turns out she was his step grandmother. I don't know if he was aware of this. I never heard any mention of it. He often spoke of his "grandma"
          I suspect most, if not all, of the people in the Lair are related some way or another.
          Once again, Alison, thank you
          Marg.

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Alison Kennedy <alison2kennedy@...> wrote:

          > Hi Margaret
          >
          > Christian A Masson was the daughter of James Herd, Seaman & Emily (Amelia) Herd ms Wilson.  Death details are as follows:
          >
          > 1896 Deaths in the District of Peterhead in the County of Aberdeen
          >
          > No. 148; Christina Masson, married to Andrew Masson, Cooper, died 1896, August Twentieth at 6h 40m pm at 69E Broad Street, Peterhead, female, age 44 years.  Parents: James Herd, Seaman & Emily Herd ms Wilson.  Cause:  Uterine Haemorrhage (accidental) 6 hours as certified by Jas. Stephen M.D.  Informant:  Andrew Masson, Widower (present).  Registered 1896, August 21st at Peterhead by Alex. Robertson, Registrar.
          >
          > For your information Amelia Herd (ms Wilson) died 2 October 1900 - the date 6 October 1900 was the day her body was interred in St Peter's Churchyard.
          >
          > I trust the above is of assistance but if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
          >
          > Alison
          >

          > ________________________________

        • Celtic Mist
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 19, 2010
            I am a desendent of a William Thomson &  Jean Masson. circa Mid 1700's around the Town Of Lonmay.I have one son Andrew b 7 Feb 1764. Lonmay. i was wondering if they are related to your Elizabeth Thomson Masson family line. Thank You Art.

            Thank you so much for the info. Andrew Masson and Christian Herd were grandparents of my late father in law. His mother was their daughter Elizabeth Thomson Masson (later Mrs Sedman) I was unaware until a few days ago, that Christian had died and Andrew re married. My F.I.L was reared by his grandmother. It turns out she was his step grandmother. I don't know if he was aware of this. I never heard any mention of it. He often spoke of his "grandma"
            I suspect most, if not all, of the people in the Lair are related some way or another.
            Once again, Alison, thank you
            Marg.

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, Alison Kennedy <alison2kennedy@ ...> wrote:

            > Hi Margaret
            >
            > Christian A Masson was the daughter of James Herd, Seaman & Emily (Amelia) Herd ms Wilson.  Death details are as follows:
            >
            > 1896 Deaths in the District of Peterhead in the County of Aberdeen
            >
            > No. 148; Christina Masson, married to Andrew Masson, Cooper, died 1896, August Twentieth at 6h 40m pm at 69E Broad Street, Peterhead, female, age 44 years.  Parents: James Herd, Seaman & Emily Herd ms Wilson.  Cause:  Uterine Haemorrhage (accidental) 6 hours as certified by Jas. Stephen M.D.  Informant:  Andrew Masson, Widower (present).  Registered 1896, August 21st at Peterhead by Alex. Robertson, Registrar.
            >
            > For your information Amelia Herd (ms Wilson) died 2 October 1900 - the date 6 October 1900 was the day her body was interred in St Peter's Churchyard.
            >
            > I trust the above is of assistance but if you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.
            >
            > Alison

          • Margaret
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 21, 2010
              Hello Art,
              My James Masson (born 1842) son of James Masson and Barbara Taylor, married Elizabeth Thomson 1867.James was a brother of Andrew Masson, father of Elizabeth Thomson Masson. I guess Lizzie was named after her uncles wife. I don't know if there is any relationship. There are an awful lot of Massons out there!!!!!!!!!!!
              Marg.
              ps Elizabeths parents were (I think)David Thomson & Sarah Allan.