Re: [Peterhead] Alexander Wilson Herd

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 13, 2010
      Hi Iain,
      You might already have this.
      No relations to me.

      James Herd, seaman in Peterhead
      a son Alexander Wilson born 18 Aug 1844 bap 23 Aug 1844
      before Alexander Beedie and John Hay

      James Herd, seaman in Peterhead and Amelia Wilson his wife
      a son James born 3 June 1847 bap 9 June 1847
      before Alexander Beedie and Alexander Baird

      James Herd, seaman in Peterhead and Amelia Wilson his wife
      a daughter Margaret born 28 June 1848 bap 10 July 1848
      before Alexander Beedie and Andrew Milne.

      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 14, 2010
        For : Alison & Iain

        Could the John Herd mentioned in
        your postings be the following Shipmaster :

        JOHN HERD (c21930 Liverpool 1863)

        Born : c1838 Peterhead

        Vessels :

        City of New York (42597) (Mate) 1863 US

        City of Limerick (Mate) 1863

        City of Baltimore (Mate) 1863

        Edinburgh (Mate) 1867-68

        Kangaroo (Mate) 1865

        City of Cork (Mate) 1865-66

        City of Paris (Mate) 1868

        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 14, 2010
          does anyone have any information about the Rollo family who lived in Auquharney 1800s-1900s ? thank you,janette.

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 29 4:26 PM
            Hello
            Do you have names and birth dates for children born to James Finnie and Margaret Hird / Herd ?

            Marg

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Alison Kennedy <alison2kennedy@...> wrote:

            > Iain
            >
            > James Hird (or Herd) & Amelia Wilson feature loosely on our family tree through their daughter Margaret (Maggie) who married James Finnie (2 May 1870, Seagate, Peterhead) who was a brother of a direct ancestor.   Not sure if I can give you any information that you probably don't already have, but James was described as a Merchant Seaman on his death on 26 November 1900, his parents being John Hird (Seaman) & Margaret Hird ms Fraser.
            >
            > Amelia (bc 1822, Peterhead) died shortly before James, on 2 October 1900 and is interred in Lair C301 of St Peter's Churchyard, Peterhead (James is not buried with her).  The informants of both Amelia's & James' deaths was their daughter Margaret - don't know if the blow of losing both parents, so close together, was too much, but Margaret herself died shortly after on 30 December 1900.
            >
            > James & Amelia had 9 children that I am aware of - I don't have much on the others except for Alexander's marriage; their daughter Mary b. 21 June 1855, Peterhead married John Johnstone Wallace (son of Alexander Wallace, Shipmaster & Margaret Johnstone) 30 September 1878, Peterhead; and also their son John died 1860, Peterhead.
            >
            > Hope the above is of some assistance.
            >
            > Alison
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Iain Birnie
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 31 7:18 AM
              Sorry Margaret - it's not a branch I've looked at

              iain.
              Do you have names and birth dates for children born to James Finnie and Margaret Hird / Herd ?

              Marg

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, Alison Kennedy <alison2kennedy@...> wrote:

              > Iain
              >
              > James Hird (or Herd) & Amelia Wilson feature loosely on our family tree through their daughter Margaret (Maggie) who married James Finnie (2 May 1870, Seagate, Peterhead) who was a brother of a direct ancestor.   Not sure if I can give you any information that you probably don't already have, but James was described as a Merchant Seaman on his death on 26 November 1900, his parents being John Hird (Seaman) & Margaret Hird ms Fraser.
              >
              > Amelia (bc 1822, Peterhead) died shortly before James, on 2 October 1900 and is interred in Lair C301 of St Peter's Churchyard, Peterhead (James is not buried with her).  The informants of both Amelia's & James' deaths was their daughter Margaret - don't know if the blow of losing both parents, so close together, was too much, but Margaret herself died shortly after on 30 December 1900.
              >
              > James & Amelia had 9 children that I am aware of - I don't have much on the others except for Alexander's marriage; their daughter Mary b. 21 June 1855, Peterhead married John Johnstone Wallace (son of Alexander Wallace, Shipmaster & Margaret Johnstone) 30 September 1878, Peterhead; and also their son John died 1860, Peterhead.
              >
              > Hope the above is of some assistance.
              >
              > Alison

            • Margaret
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 31 9:34 PM
                Thanks for that Iain. I will have to keep looking.

                Marg.