RE: (no subject)

  • DeLories Vaughn
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 12, 2010
      Dear Ian, Roy & Yahoo Groups

      Thank you for you kind emails.

      First let me say that I have NO anger with those at the Peterhead/Buchan
      nor the Aberdeen Society. They are all wonderful people. When we were
      in Peterhead 3 years ago, I have never met such warm and wonderful
      people. I almost wanted to just stay and not come back to the States.
      So
      with that said, I know that they tried to get me the correct CD. It
      seems that with the mess up in sending the incorrect CD(which they were
      kind enough to let me have) and then they send the correct one and that
      would not work at all - well I just felt so bad about it all. It must
      have been a trying time for them and a bit so for me. But I had no
      thoughts that they would not try to help. And indeed they tried. My
      heart just sank when the CD that I truly did want would not work. I just
      feel so bad about the whole situation. I really would pay, again, for
      the one that I wanted. I just thought they were tired of hearing from and wanted to drop it all. And I don't blame them for that.

      DeLories
      (De)

      DeLories (De)

      From: idr@...
      To: JDVon2@...
      Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:15:48 -0800
      Subject: Re:(no subject)

      Delores:

      I am sorry you are having these challenges.

      In spring �08 I meet Mary Robertson at the Aberdeen Family
      History Society offices. She informed me of the research project she and
      another woman from Peterhead had done. Months later I received the first
      edition of those CDs for the Old Churchyard. When I posted the information on
      this site I got over 3 dozen requests for copies within a month. That,
      and many other factors, resulted in the Peterhead/Buchan Family History
      Society. They can be reached via http://www.fhsb.org.uk/

      Should you experience problems there, try http://www.anesfhs.org.uk/. The Aberdeen
      Society is a well established organization and may be able to assist you.

      To the best of my knowledge the CDs should work in ether
      platform you are using. They are in MS Word.

      I also understand you have had a response directly from a member
      of the Buchan FHS who have been distributing the CDs.

      Ian Robertson

      Delta, BC

      Canada

      (suburb of Vancouver, site of 2010 Olympics)

      Ian
      Robertson

      864
      Pacifc Dr