RE: [Peterhead] Re: Emmigration of May & Cowe families to Auckland, New Zealand

  • Ken May
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2010
      The May family eventually settled in the Wellington region, apparently after exploring/touring New Zealand. The had a farm off Glenside Road, just out of Johnsonville, then had a fishing/fish curing business near Paramata, before John Alexander May set up a grocery in Johnsonville and Jessie ran a drapery.

      More information is available and even the original tickets for the SS Ionic are around.

      Regards

      Ken May

      P.S. Sorry about the delay in responding, but life is good when you're busy!