Re: [Peterhead] Helen Jane Cordiner & Andrew Masson

  • ALISON KENNEDY
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 2, 2009
      Hi

      Ray & Christie - the "Bdm" would have been short for Boddam - village couple of miles south of Peterhead on coast.  Phd has been local short cut for writing Peterhead since time began - even headstones often have Phd on them rather than Peterhead.

      Christie

      Marriage certificate which Steve referred to is available for you to check out, for a small fee, at the Scotland's People website www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk   If the couple were divorced then stamp to show this will be on left side of marriage certificate.  Other records which you queried may also be available there.  Scotland's people also have original copies of census returns which you can have a look at for the family.

      Hope this helps.

      Alison