Re: McKessar Clan

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 1999
      Hi Barbara & Bruce,

      Barbara Dawson wrote:

      > Have just located the Peterhead site on the web and am very interested in
      > furthering my knowledge of the McKessar clan. My earliest information is
      > Alexander McKessar who married Jessie Farquarharson 21 May 1859 at Rathen.
      > His eldest son, Alexander born 1 March 1860 at Memsie married Maria Milne
      > (b. 1861 Peterhead) on 25 November 1885 and came to Australia circa 1892.
      >
      > Alexander had a brother William born 16 March 1862 at Strichen, a sister
      > Elizabeth Campbell born 19 August 1864 and another brother James born 3
      > November 1866. We have gathered this information from IGI records and this
      > is currently the extent of our knowledge.

      1881 Census
      Blackhills, Tyrie, Aberdeenshire (Vol.248, District 1, page 5)
      Alexr. McKessor, Head, age 46, Crofter of 21 Ac. Mason Journeyman,
      Fraserburgh
      Jessie McKessor, wife, 48, Crofters wife, Rathen
      William McKessor, son, 19, Crofters son, Strichen
      Elisabeth McKissor, daur, 16, Crofters daur, Strichen
      James McKissor, son, 14, scholar, Strichen
      George McKissor, son, 10, scholar, Strichen
      Margaret F. McKessor, 7, scholar, Strichen

      1 St.Mary Street, Peterhead (Vol.232-1, District 18, page 20)
      William Milne, head, 48, Joiner, Peterhead
      Eliza Milne, wife, 49, Joiners Wife, Portsoy Banffshire
      Maria Milne, daur, 23, Saleswoman, Peterhead
      James Milne, son, 20, Traveller & Shopman, Peterhead
      Margaret Milne, daur, 15, General Servant Dom, Peterhead
      Eliza Milne, daur, 12, Scholar, Peterhead
      John Milne, son, 8, scholar, Peterhead
      Alexander Milne, son, 6, Scholar, Peterhead