RE: [Peterhead] Captain Robert Davidson

  • William E. Scheyer
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 26, 2009
      Mary:

      I sorry to say I that I have not established the link between our families
      but, that does not mean a link does not exist. Several people are
      researching Robert Davidson (I think there were several) so I forwarded your
      e-mail to Fionnadh who may be able to help both you and I.

      Best Wishes,

      Bill
      Message 2 of 14 , Sep 4, 2009
        For : William Leslie

        William, Do you have any more details about Robert Davidson & Ann
        Bruce ?

        I have a particular interest in Peterhead
        shipmasters and would be grateful for any details you could give me on
        your ancestors (Robert DAvidson & Ann Bruce).

        Alex. Ritchie

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "William Leslie" <william.leslie@...>
        wrote:

        > Hello;
        > I also have Davidson's in my Peterhead Family Tree.
        >
        > 2. Ann Bruce. Born 1801 in Peterhead. Died 1880 in Peterhead. MY GREAT
        > GREAT GREAT GRANDPARENTS
        >
        > She married Robert Davidson, 28 Oct 1821. Occupation Shipmaster.
        >
        > They had the following children:
        >
        > 3 i. Jean Davidson
        >

        > I am convinced that if you could make a big enough Family Tree of all
        the
        > residents of Peterhead, that it would show that they are all related
        > somewhere.
        >

        > William Leslie

        Australia.

        > Mary died on 5 February 1898 in Victoria. She has many descendants
        > in Australia.
        >
        > Regards from your Aussie cousin,
        >
        > Angela Patterson
        >

        > On 19/08/2009, at 10:51 AM, william_scheyer wrote:
        >
        > > Hello from the USA.
        > >
        > > My great great grandfather was Captain Robert Davidson born in
        > > Peterhead on October 28, 1840 and past away on January 12, 1904 in
        > > Dundee.
        > >
        > > During his life, he captained many whaling ships such as the "Polar
        > > Star" and "Diana" and was the Captain of the "Diana" during the
        > > Dundee Antarctic Expedition of 1892-93.
        > >
        > > I am interested in finding sketches and/or photographs of him and
        > > one of his ships named the "polar Star" as well as any living
        > > decendants of his.
        > >
        > > Thank you.
        > >
        > > W. Scheyer
        > >
        > > wscheyer@...

      • William Leslie
        Message 3 of 14 , Sep 4, 2009
          Hello Alex Ritchie;
          The only information I have is the family tree chart which I could send you. This also includes my great grandfather James Rankin who was a mariner and for whom I have some information. I would be happy to find more information about James Rankin's seagoing career. Contact me at william.leslie@sympatico and I will send you the family tree chart.
          Regards