RE: [Peterhead] (unknown)

  • William E. Scheyer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21 12:39 PM
      Dear Fionnadh:

      There is a strong possibility we are related too. I have up loaded a file
      named "Robert Sr.'s baptism 1791.tif" which could be the Robert Davidson who
      married the Helen Dunn you are referring to.

      I have traced my roots back to Captain Robert Davidson who was born in 1840.
      His parents were Robert Davidson and Mary Sangster. However, Captain Robert
      Davidson was illegitimate. So your Robert Davidson could be the father of my
      Captain Robert Davidson unless there is another generation in between. The
      1841 census shows who I believe to be my Captain Robert Davidson (2 years
      old at the time) living with a James (age 41) and Helen (age 36) Davidson
      plus 5 other children ranging in age from 4 to 15 one of which is also
      James. The 1841 census also shows Mary Sangster living with Alexander
      Sangster a blacksmith (both 28 years of age) presumably her brother since
      they are the same age and, Robert Davidson (a seamen age 45), James Davidson
      (a seamen age 20), William Davidson (a seamen age 25), and John Davidson (a
      seamen age 41) all absent when the census was taken (presumably at sea). So,
      this all seems to connect.

      As you see the above connects me to Angela. But, you and I need to do
      further research.

      I hope others will jump into this so we can connect all the dots.

      Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23 7:53 PM
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "William E. Scheyer" <wscheyer@...> wrote:
        >Hi Bill and Fionnadh,

        Bill's post with the 1841 details sent me scurrying for my records!

        My 1841 census record has Robert, 6months, living with Mary Sangster and her parents in Cruden. I'm pretty confident this is the right family because the age fits better with Robert's birth date. So I think Fionnadh's Robert Davidson and my Robert Davidson are not the same person. Bill, I think your 1841 census record shows Fionnadhs's Robert, not ours.

        1841 Census:
        Piece: SCT1841/185 Place: Cruden-Aberdeenshire Enumeration District: 2
        Civil Parish: Cruden Ecclesiastical Parish, Village or Island: -
        Folio: 2 Page: 7
        Address: Hardslacks
        Surname First name(s) Sex Age Occupation Where Born Remarks
        SANGSTER Alexander M 85 Farmer Aberdeenshire
        SANGSTER Elizabeth F 65 Aberdeenshire
        SANGSTER Mary F 30 Aberdeenshire
        DAVIDSON Robert M 6m Aberdeenshire

        Regards,

        Angela Patteson
        (P.S I have changed my email contact to my gmail account but am still accessing both accounts)