masson

  • margmasson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 19 8:15 PM
      Hello All
      Thanks to sunsetdi, cci and celtic mist for your replies to my question re Andrew Masson's grandfather.I appreciate your efforts.
      Catherine, I don't think the James on the death cert.is Andrews Dad. The 1861&1871 census indicate James (Andrews father)was born abt. 1810. The James on the death cert. was born 1800(died 1875 age 75) Does anyone know anything about his parents James & Helen(Caird)? I have found there are a lot of Massons.Probably all related! The names James, Andrew and Alexander seem to predominate, due to the Scotish tradition of naming the first son after his paternal grandfather.

      Marg.