masson

  • margmasson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 18, 2009
      Hello all
      I am a new member from Australia. I am wondering if anyone can help me with my quiery? My late father in law, Alexander Andrew English Masson, was born in Peterhead 1905. His mother was Elizabeth Thomson (Lizzie) Masson. Her parents Andrew Masson &Christen Hird, married Peterhead 1875.Andrew was born Longside abt 1853.I think his parents were James Masson & Barbara Taylor, married Longside 1842. Can anybody tell me who were the parents of this James and what siblings did he have?
      Thanking you
      Marg.
    • sunsetdi
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 18, 2009
        1861 Scotland Census Per Ancestry.com
        Name: James Masson
        Age: 50
        Estimated Birth Year: abt 1811
        Relationship: Head
        Spouse's name : Barbara
        Gender: Male
        Where born: Kincardineshire
        Registration Number: 232
        Registration district: Peterhead
        Civil parish: Peterhead
        County: Aberdeenshire
        Address: Downiehills
        Occupation: Ploughman
        ED: 18
        Household schedule number: 24
        Line: 11
        Roll: CSSCT1861_32
        Household Members:
        Name Age
        James Masson 50
        Barbara Masson 50
        James Masson 17
        Thomas Masson 12
        William Masson 10
        Andrew Masson 8

        This was all I found.

        Diane

        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "margmasson" <margmasson@...> wrote:

        > Hello all
        > I am a new member from Australia. I am wondering if anyone can help me with my quiery? My late father in law, Alexander Andrew English Masson, was born in Peterhead 1905. His mother was Elizabeth Thomson (Lizzie) Masson. Her parents Andrew Masson &Christen Hird, married Peterhead 1875.Andrew was born Longside abt 1853.I think his parents were James Masson & Barbara Taylor, married Longside 1842. Can anybody tell me who were the parents of this James and what siblings did he have?
        > Thanking you
        > Marg.

      • margmasson
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 19, 2009
          Hello All
          Thanks to sunsetdi, cci and celtic mist for your replies to my question re Andrew Masson's grandfather.I appreciate your efforts.
          Catherine, I don't think the James on the death cert.is Andrews Dad. The 1861&1871 census indicate James (Andrews father)was born abt. 1810. The James on the death cert. was born 1800(died 1875 age 75) Does anyone know anything about his parents James & Helen(Caird)? I have found there are a lot of Massons.Probably all related! The names James, Andrew and Alexander seem to predominate, due to the Scotish tradition of naming the first son after his paternal grandfather.

          Marg.