Re: [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] Re: [Peterhead] Marriage certificates

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2009
      Hi,
      This is all that was on the marriage entry,
      Catherine

      From: Cci <cci@...>
      Subject: Re: [SPAM] Re: [Peterhead] Marriage certificates
      To: Peterhead@yahoogroups.com

      Hi,
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      From: Cci <cci@.... au>
      Subject: [Peterhead] Marriage certificates
      To: Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Tuesday, June 2, 2009, 3:16 AM

      Hi group, how are you all today.

      I have 2, 1856 marriage certs, and 8, 1847.
      None are related to me that I know of.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      1856 no 19
      On the 12th day of August 1856 at Peterhead
      Marriage (after Banns) was solomnised between us,
      according to the Independant Church of Scotland.
      James Dalgarno 38 (signed)
      residence Peterculter
      Minister, Batchelor
      father James Dalgarno, Proprietor
      mother Mary Dalgarno ms Smith

      Ann Creighton Young 30 (singed)
      residence Peterhead
      no occupation, Spinster
      father John Young, Proprietor of Mount Pleasant
      mother Elizabeth Young ms Chalmers
      (signed) David Cook, Minister
      (signed) Isabella Brand, witness
      (signed) Jms Young jnr, witness
      1856 No 20
      On the 14th day of August 1856 at Peterhead
      Marriage (after Banns) was solomnised between us
      accirding to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      (signed) Alexander Mackie 65
      residence Narrow Lane, Peterhead
      occupation, Mariner, Widower
      father Alexander Mackie, Mariner (deceased)
      mother Mary Mackie ms Smith

      (signed) Jane Ogston 52
      residence Marischall Street, Peterhead
      no occupation, Widow
      father John Ogston, Farmer (deceased)
      mother Margaret Ogston ms Sangster
      (signed) James Mitchell, Minister of Peterhead
      (signed) James Ogston, witness
      (signed) James Reid, witness
      ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ***

      1847
      June 20th William Thomson, Farmer in this parish
      and Jean Ogston in Fraserburgh

      June 27th James Foreman, Farm servant and
      Margaret Skinner? both in this parish

      July 5th Alexander Cruickshank, Labourer in Udny
      and Barbara Chalmers in this parish

      August 22nd Alexander Milne, Seaman in Cruden
      and Charlotte Smith in this parish

      September 13th Thomas Milne, Seaman and
      Margaret MacKenzie both in this parish

      September 26th Hugh Anderson, Mason
      in Dumbarton and Janet Scott in this parish

      October 17th John McLean, Seaman and
      Margaret Strachan both in this parish

      October 25th Arthur Buchan, Sailmaker and
      Janet Bonnyman? both in this parish