Re: [Peterhead] Margaret Barclay (Birnie)

  • Mary Barnes
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 7, 2009
      Does anyone know if these Barclays are related to a James Barclay,
      seaman, who married Elizabeth Leask in Aberdeen on 28 August 1834?

      James died before 1851 and Elizabeth subsequently lived in Roanheads
      and worked as a net weaver. They had one child that I know of, a
      daughter named Jean or Jane who married Adam Smith in Peterhead in 1862.

      On 08/06/2009, at 4:15 AM, ugiepark1 wrote:

      > For Rob Varley :
      >
      > Margaret Birnie (who married Alfred Barclay) had parents Alexander
      > Birnie & Maria Scott. She married Alfred Barclay on October 24th.
      > 1869 (Marriage Certificate : 232 Entry 45).
      > Alfred Barclay's mother is given as Margaret Barclay, no father given.
      >
      > Cheers.........Alex Ritchie

      Mary Barnes
      marysb@...

    • Anne Allan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 8, 2009
        Alexander Birnie and Maria Ann Moir Scott are buried in St Peter's
        graveyard in Peterhead.
        Several children are mentioned on the stone and there are several other
        Birnie stones in the vicinity who may or may not be related.
        Information from the St Peter's Graveyard CD available from the Family
        History Society of Buchan - www.fhsb.org.uk.
        There are also Birnies buried at Constitution Street in Peterhead.

        Anne