Marriage certificates

  • Cci
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      Hi group, how are you all today.

      I have 2, 1856 marriage certs, and 8, 1847.
      None are related to me that I know of.
      Best wishes,
      Catherine

      1856 no 19
      On the 12th day of August 1856 at Peterhead
      Marriage (after Banns) was solomnised between us,
      according to the Independant Church of Scotland.
      James Dalgarno 38 (signed)
      residence Peterculter
      Minister, Batchelor
      father James Dalgarno, Proprietor
      mother Mary Dalgarno ms Smith

      Ann Creighton Young 30 (singed)
      residence Peterhead
      no occupation, Spinster
      father John Young, Proprietor of Mount Pleasant
      mother Elizabeth Young ms Chalmers
      (signed) David Cook, Minister
      (signed) Isabella Brand, witness
      (signed) Jms Young jnr, witness
      1856 No 20
      On the 14th day of August 1856 at Peterhead
      Marriage (after Banns) was solomnised between us
      accirding to the Forms of the Church of Scotland
      (signed) Alexander Mackie 65
      residence Narrow Lane, Peterhead
      occupation, Mariner, Widower
      father Alexander Mackie, Mariner (deceased)
      mother Mary Mackie ms Smith

      (signed) Jane Ogston 52
      residence Marischall Street, Peterhead
      no occupation, Widow
      father John Ogston, Farmer (deceased)
      mother Margaret Ogston ms Sangster
      (signed) James Mitchell, Minister of Peterhead
      (signed) James Ogston, witness
      (signed) James Reid, witness

      1847
      June 20th William Thomson, Farmer in this parish
      and Jean Ogston in Fraserburgh

      June 27th James Foreman, Farm servant and
      Margaret Skinner? both in this parish

      July 5th Alexander Cruickshank, Labourer in Udny
      and Barbara Chalmers in this parish

      August 22nd Alexander Milne, Seaman in Cruden
      and Charlotte Smith in this parish

      September 13th Thomas Milne, Seaman and
      Margaret MacKenzie both in this parish

      September 26th Hugh Anderson, Mason
      in Dumbarton and Janet Scott in this parish

      October 17th John McLean, Seaman and
      Margaret Strachan both in this parish

      October 25th Arthur Buchan, Sailmaker and
      Janet Bonnyman? both in this parish

    • Celtic Mist
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
        Catherine May I have A Copy of 1847 jun 20 William thomson Cert.

        ************ ********* ********* ********* ********* ***

        1847
        June 20th William Thomson, Farmer in this parish
        and Jean Ogston in Fraserburgh

        June 27th James Foreman, Farm servant and
        Margaret Skinner? both in this parish

        July 5th Alexander Cruickshank, Labourer in Udny
        and Barbara Chalmers in this parish

        August 22nd Alexander Milne, Seaman in Cruden
        and Charlotte Smith in this parish

        September 13th Thomas Milne, Seaman and
        Margaret MacKenzie both in this parish

        September 26th Hugh Anderson, Mason
        in Dumbarton and Janet Scott in this parish

        October 17th John McLean, Seaman and
        Margaret Strachan both in this parish

        October 25th Arthur Buchan, Sailmaker and
        Janet Bonnyman? both in this parish

      • Mary Barnes
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 4, 2009
          Hi Catherine, and everyone else,

          Barbara Chalmers, who married Alexander Cruickshank in 1847, is part
          of my family, but I already had the record.

          I have quite a lot more about Barbara and her family, if anyone out
          there is interested. I would love to get in touch with someone else
          who is researching the Chalmers family. The family came originally
          from St Fergus where they were farm labourers, but seem to have moved
          to Peterhead some time about 1825-28 as far as I can work out.

          Mary

          Mary Barnes
          marysb@...