Re: [Peterhead] Re Lawrance Family from Peterhead 1700s-1900s

  • ALISON KENNEDY
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2009
      Hi Trish

      I'm sorry I hadn't heard of any book written by Robert Murdoch Lawrence.  However I have just done a quick web search and on the University of Liverpool website :   http://sca.lib.liv.ac.uk/ead/search?operation=full&recid=gb141alr-alr.b.2%c2%a0 the following is listed:

      Letters from Robert Murdoch Lawrence of Cairnchina, 23 Ashley Road, Aberdeen, Scotland (1918- 1921)Robert Murdoch Lawrence was a resident of Aberdeen. He was the assistant manager of Aberdeen's oldest booksellers, founded on 9 November 1814. He was a Johnsonian collector with interests in all aspects of that period, including Boswell. His own research focused upon the history of the Lawrances after 1667. Amongst his acquaintances was P J Anderson of Aberdeen University.

      The information relates to a collection of letters and includes the above brief biography.

      Alison