Re: [Peterhead] Re Lawrance Family from Peterhead 1700s-1900s

  • Margaret Hector
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17, 2009
      Hi Trish,
      I am particulary interested in Charles Lawrance BOYD born 1840 in Peterhead, the son of Jane Lawrance and William BOYD.
      William died shortly after Charles' birth, and I have been unable to discover what became of Jane or Charles. Perhaps you have some information about them?
      Cheers
      Margaret

      Message 2 of 3 , May 17, 2009
        Hi Trish

        I'm sorry I hadn't heard of any book written by Robert Murdoch Lawrence.  However I have just done a quick web search and on the University of Liverpool website :   http://sca.lib.liv.ac.uk/ead/search?operation=full&recid=gb141alr-alr.b.2%c2%a0 the following is listed:

        Letters from Robert Murdoch Lawrence of Cairnchina, 23 Ashley Road, Aberdeen, Scotland (1918- 1921)Robert Murdoch Lawrence was a resident of Aberdeen. He was the assistant manager of Aberdeen's oldest booksellers, founded on 9 November 1814. He was a Johnsonian collector with interests in all aspects of that period, including Boswell. His own research focused upon the history of the Lawrances after 1667. Amongst his acquaintances was P J Anderson of Aberdeen University.

        The information relates to a collection of letters and includes the above brief biography.

        Alison