Hello Peterheeed Folk

  • Bill Wood
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2009
      Hello,

      Bill From Australia - Thanks for letting me join the group

      My Mum born in Peterhead in 1932 to John Webster and Annie Mary Walker - Mum
      lived at a big old farmhouse in Mile End before moving to Banff when she was
      still a child.

      I was born in Banff in 1957 and now live in Australia.

      Annie Mary Walker born at 47 Longate to James Walker and Isabella Wildgoose
      Sim

      Isabella Wildgoose Sim was illegitimate daughter of Ann Sim - the father was
      probably some sort of wildgoose.

      James Walker was living at 66 longate when he was 26 - we know he was a
      merchant seaman and a drifter driver - family rumours say he once owned a
      whaling boat ?

      James father was Andrew who was also reputed to own a whaling boat

      John Webster was a Tailor when he married Annie Mary in 1928 he was living
      at 8 Gordon Houses West Road and Annie Mary was living at 24 Chapel Street

      John Websters parents - were John Webster (Tailor) and Mary Cow married in
      Peterhead in 1900 and lived at Errol Street and Threadneedle Street

      ANdrew Walker married Mary Cruickshank in 1866 they both lived at Longate

      AM keen to learn more about any of these people - I have no more Peterhead
      people in my tree

      The tree does go back a bit further but people are from Strichen, Lonmay,
      Banff, Gamrie

      The full tree is on ancestry - I have been using Ancestry and
      ScotlandsPeople and LDS to do the research,

      If anybody has these people I can send you my full tree if you think it
      might help you.

      ANy good websites for Peterhead fishing registers so I can find out more
      about the boats etc ?

      Can anybody give me a hand with Isabella Wildgoose Sim's father ?

      Anybody out there related to me ?

      Regards

      Bill
      (Australia - Gippsland - where the big fires were at start of year - scary
      stuff)