Re: BirthRecord

  • scotnel4
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:

      > Hi Listers. I just found a death record on ScotlandsPeople and was disappointed to find "NO IMAGE".. Has this happened to anyone else and is there a way to get a copy of the record.. There was a GROS number. db

      What year was it?

      There should be a button to the right saying order.

      Regards,
      Annette
    • David Massie
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 14, 2009
        scotnel4 wrote:

        > David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi Listers. I just found a death record on ScotlandsPeople and was
        > disappointed to find "NO IMAGE".. Has this happened to anyone else and
        > is there a way to get a copy of the record.. There was a GROS number. db
        > >
        > What year was it?
        >
        > There should be a button to the right saying order.

        I have found that some 'no image' entries have suddenly acquired an
        image later on. It may just be that they're not indexed correctly (yet).
        I'd send SP a message first, before spending 10 pounds on a formal copy.
        It may be that they can manually work out what image should be there,
        and send it to you.

        Dave
      • Henderson, Roy
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 15, 2009
          If the record is considered "recent" then no online image is provided and an extract must be ordered.

          ________________________________

          > > Hi Listers. I just found a death record on ScotlandsPeople and was
          > disappointed to find "NO IMAGE".. Has this happened to anyone else and
          > is there a way to get a copy of the record.. There was a GROS number. db
          > >
          > What year was it?
          >
          > There should be a button to the right saying order.

          I have found that some 'no image' entries have suddenly acquired an
          image later on. It may just be that they're not indexed correctly (yet).
          I'd send SP a message first, before spending 10 pounds on a formal copy.
          It may be that they can manually work out what image should be there,
          and send it to you.

          Dave

          CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

          The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure. This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed herein. If you are not the intended recipient,please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others. Also please notify the sender by replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The sender totally disclaims, and will not accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or the consequences of any unauthorized use, of this communication or message.

        • David Britt
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 15, 2009
            Thanks to all who responded.  I contacted SP and they are working to upload the scan.  regards.  db

            If the record is considered "recent" then no online image is provided and an extract must be ordered.