Re: [Peterhead] Florence family

  • Elisabeth Wilson
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2009
      A while back someone was asking about the Florence family - I work in
      the State Archives in Hobart, Tasmania, so had a quick look for them.
      An A Florence went per the Henry to Adelaide from Launceston on 16
      August 1845 - Launceston Examiner 20.8.45, and Launceston Advertiser
      21.8.1845. I couldn't see a prior arrival here though.

      Also, a Mrs Elizabeth Florence aged 32 from 28 Whitehall Place,
      Aberdeen, came here on 21 June 1913. She was nominated by her brother
      James Cheyne. She had a son James 7 and daughter Molly 10. I think
      her husband was with her, aged 33 - I don't seem to have noted his
      name, but he was a house painter. The reference is SWD15/1, no. 79.

      Best wishes,
      Elisabeth

      Elisabeth Wilson
      Lenah Valley, Tasmania
      SPENCE(Peterhead) PAUL (Peterhead?) MURRISON (Peterhead) CRAIG
      (Strichen) DAVIDSON (Strichen)