Re: Reid families in Peterhead

  • mpexota
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
      Alex.. A number of years ago you were doing some research with Linda Adam on the Birnie family of Peterhead..and I am hoping that this is still true.. I have a James Birnie 1782-1830 Longate St. married to Margaret Bain 1788-1871 that I am finding it hard to find his parents. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...db
    • Linda Adam
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
        Hello.

        I was unable to connect James Birnie 1782-1830 to my Birnie family tree.
        James & Margaret Bain married 10.06.1813 in Peterhead. James died 15.11.1830
        Peterhead. His occupation was Harbourmaster & Mason (per Margaret's and his
        son Alexander's death certificates).

        James baptism was 16.09.1782 in Peterhead. The IGI shows an Alexander Birnie
        as his father but no mother's name is given. The unfortunate part being that
        without knowing his mother's name I cannot make a positive connection
        although I feel certain there is one.

        If I can help you with any further information about James please let me
        know.

        Cheers,
        Linda Adam