Re: Death Lookup

  • annea52
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:

      > Wade.. Could you please look up Ref #128 Jean Bruce 1794-1858.
      Regards db

      David

      Your reference puzzled me for a while, but I have found this
      gravestone, Lair No E181, in St Peter's Cemetery in Peterhead which
      might be what you are looking for.

      Erected by John Bruce....... Also of his beloved wife Jean Annand who
      died 15th Nov. 1858 aged 64 years. ..........

      This excerpt is from a transcription of the gravestone. It is taken
      from the CD-Rom of St Peter's Cemetery published by the Family History
      Society of Buchan, and available from them. The CD has all readable
      transcriptions, photographs of all the gravestones and the lair numbers.

      Regards

      Anne
      FHSB member No 3

    • David Britt
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        Anne.  Thanks so much for the information... I was actually hoping that a referenc to her mother ? Gregory m. to Alexander Annand.  The 128 Death Ref # on Peterhead Geneology is the first and only reference to her mother that I have been able to find.  No IGI of marriage and no IGI of child births.  And, without further reference ScotlandsPeople would have been fruitless.  Now that I have a Lair no. maybe I can find other information..Thanks again.  db

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
          David

          There are a lot of Annand Graves in St Peter's. Her parents may not be
          buried in the same grave. I would suggest you contact the FHSB and
          buy a copy of their CD.

          Anne

          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:

          > Anne.  Thanks so much for the information... I was actually hoping
          that a referenc to her mother ? Gregory m. to Alexander Annand.  The
          128 Death Ref # on Peterhead Geneology is the first and only reference
          to her mother that I have been able to find.  No IGI of marriage and
          no IGI of child births.  And, without further reference
          ScotlandsPeople would have been fruitless.  Now that I have a Lair no.
          maybe I can find other information..Thanks again.  db

        • David Britt
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
            Anne.  I was hoping to to avoid a time delay as this is a one-off project for me (Not my family, but a but a genealogy birthday gift for another).  I can only hope that I can get the answers from an LDS film, or some kind sole might see these posts and respond.  Many thanks, db Oceanside, California.

            There are a lot of Annand Graves in St Peter's. Her parents may not be
            buried in the same grave. I would suggest you contact the FHSB and
            buy a copy of their CD.

            Anne

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, David Britt <mpexota@... > wrote:

            > Anne.  Thanks so much for the information. .. I was actually hoping
            that a referenc to her mother ? Gregory m. to Alexander Annand.  The
            128 Death Ref # on Peterhead Geneology is the first and only reference
            to her mother that I have been able to find.  No IGI of marriage and
            no IGI of child births.  And, without further reference
            ScotlandsPeople would have been fruitless.  Now that I have a Lair no.
            maybe I can find other information. .Thanks again.  db

          • Barbara Dawes
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
              David,

              Hopefully I am not infringing on the Copyright of the St. Peterhead Cemetery
              CD's by giving you the first 3 1/2 lines on the stone for Alexander Annand
              which gives his & his wife's death dates as well as her first name and
              confirming her surname.

              In memory of Alexander Annand who died 31st

              March 1833 aged 73 years also his beloved

              spouse Susan Gregory who died the 11th Feb

              1836 aged 64 years.

              .Barbara

            • David Britt
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
                Barbara... Thank you so much... That is just what I was looking for,,, db