Death Lookup

  • David Britt
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
      Wade.. Could you please look up Ref #128 Jean Bruce 1794-1858. Regards db
    • annea52
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:

        > Wade.. Could you please look up Ref #128 Jean Bruce 1794-1858.
        Regards db

        David

        Your reference puzzled me for a while, but I have found this
        gravestone, Lair No E181, in St Peter's Cemetery in Peterhead which
        might be what you are looking for.

        Erected by John Bruce....... Also of his beloved wife Jean Annand who
        died 15th Nov. 1858 aged 64 years. ..........

        This excerpt is from a transcription of the gravestone. It is taken
        from the CD-Rom of St Peter's Cemetery published by the Family History
        Society of Buchan, and available from them. The CD has all readable
        transcriptions, photographs of all the gravestones and the lair numbers.

        Regards

        Anne
        FHSB member No 3

      • David Britt
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
          Anne.  Thanks so much for the information... I was actually hoping that a referenc to her mother ? Gregory m. to Alexander Annand.  The 128 Death Ref # on Peterhead Geneology is the first and only reference to her mother that I have been able to find.  No IGI of marriage and no IGI of child births.  And, without further reference ScotlandsPeople would have been fruitless.  Now that I have a Lair no. maybe I can find other information..Thanks again.  db

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
            David

            There are a lot of Annand Graves in St Peter's. Her parents may not be
            buried in the same grave. I would suggest you contact the FHSB and
            buy a copy of their CD.

            Anne

            --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, David Britt <mpexota@...> wrote:

            > Anne.  Thanks so much for the information... I was actually hoping
            that a referenc to her mother ? Gregory m. to Alexander Annand.  The
            128 Death Ref # on Peterhead Geneology is the first and only reference
            to her mother that I have been able to find.  No IGI of marriage and
            no IGI of child births.  And, without further reference
            ScotlandsPeople would have been fruitless.  Now that I have a Lair no.
            maybe I can find other information..Thanks again.  db

          • David Britt
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
              Anne.  I was hoping to to avoid a time delay as this is a one-off project for me (Not my family, but a but a genealogy birthday gift for another).  I can only hope that I can get the answers from an LDS film, or some kind sole might see these posts and respond.  Many thanks, db Oceanside, California.

              There are a lot of Annand Graves in St Peter's. Her parents may not be
              buried in the same grave. I would suggest you contact the FHSB and
              buy a copy of their CD.

              Anne

              --- In Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com, David Britt <mpexota@... > wrote:

              > Anne.  Thanks so much for the information. .. I was actually hoping
              that a referenc to her mother ? Gregory m. to Alexander Annand.  The
              128 Death Ref # on Peterhead Geneology is the first and only reference
              to her mother that I have been able to find.  No IGI of marriage and
              no IGI of child births.  And, without further reference
              ScotlandsPeople would have been fruitless.  Now that I have a Lair no.
              maybe I can find other information. .Thanks again.  db

            • Barbara Dawes
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
                David,

                Hopefully I am not infringing on the Copyright of the St. Peterhead Cemetery
                CD's by giving you the first 3 1/2 lines on the stone for Alexander Annand
                which gives his & his wife's death dates as well as her first name and
                confirming her surname.

                In memory of Alexander Annand who died 31st

                March 1833 aged 73 years also his beloved

                spouse Susan Gregory who died the 11th Feb

                1836 aged 64 years.

                .Barbara

              • David Britt
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 1, 2009
                  Barbara... Thank you so much... That is just what I was looking for,,, db