Researching Surnames

  • Robert Offer
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 1998
      Hello list,

      First of all thanks to Wade for the invitation.

      Here are the names that I'm specifically researching from Peterhead:

      Isabella BUCHAN b. approx 1856 Peterhead, m. around 1875 to William
      THOMSON of Cruden Bay either in Peterhead or Cruden Bay. d. ? presumable
      in Cruden Bay which is where the couple lived. Had at least a son
      William THOMSON b. 1875/6 in Cuden Bay. I'm not sure if there are more
      children at this time.

      Also my grandmother who is Isabella BUCHAN's namesake granddaughter
      Isabella Buchan THOMSON had a cousin or some other relation named Anne
      B. WALLACE ( I'm presuming that's a married name) living in Peterhead.
      This is from old postcards found after Isabella Buchan THOMSON's
      passing.

      Also if someone has any THOMSON's from Cruden Bay email me privately.

      Robert Offer
      roboffer@...
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 13, 1998
        Robert Offer wrote:

        > Isabella BUCHAN b. approx 1856 Peterhead, m. around 1875 to William
        > THOMSON of Cruden Bay either in Peterhead or Cruden Bay. d. ? presumable
        > in Cruden Bay which is where the couple lived. Had at least a son
        > William THOMSON b. 1875/6 in Cuden Bay. I'm not sure if there are more
        > children at this time.

        Do you have access to the 1881 census index on microfiche ? I will have
        a look for you on Tuesday night and get back to you with the results.