Re: [Peterhead] Reid families in Peterhead

  • jan boyton
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2008
      Hi sandi mcintyre, the names do not fit nto my families at ths time but i am still going.   Thanks Jan

      From: jan boyton <j.boyton@yahoo. com.au>
      Subject: [Peterhead] Reid families in Peterhead
      To: Peterhead@yahoogrou ps.com
      Date: Friday, December 12, 2008, 3:30 PM

      Hi. I am new to this site but last week I found a list of Peterhead Researchers on Google and when I did not receive replies I searched furthur and found all of you interesting researchers on here.  I am a descendant of  a William Reid   b Aug 1805 Peterhead father
      James Reid, . William was married to May Strachan 2 May 1835 in Peterhead and they had5 or 6 children.by 1841. Wm married again, so I assume May Died, any suggestions as to how I can cvonfirm this would be appreciated. Jan Boyton

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now http://au.docs yahoo.com/ homepageset/ ?p1=other& p2=au&p3= tagline

      Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline

    • j.boyton
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 15, 2008
        --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "ugiepark1" <alex-jean.ritchie@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Jan,
        > William Reid's first wife (May Strachan) died in 1841. He then
        > married Jane Foreman on October 9th.1843. She died on September
        > 7th.1858.
        >
        > Hope this helps.............Alex Ritchie
        >

        > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, jan boyton <j.boyton@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi. I am new to this site but last week I found a list of
        Peterhead
        > Researchers on Google and when I did not receive replies I searched
        > furthur and found all of you interesting researchers on here.  I
        am
        > a descendant of  a William Reid   b Aug 1805 Peterhead father
        > > James Reid, . William was married to May Strachan 2 May 1835 in
        > Peterhead and they had5 or 6 children.by 1841. Wm married again, so
        > assume May Died, any suggestions as to how I can cvonfirm this
        would
        > be appreciated.Jan Boyton
        > > Hi Alex, Thanks for your reply I have 3 marriages for Wm. Reid
        now from replies, A member told me that he had 3 children to a Elspet
        Buchan, Mat 1927 Jane 1830 William1832. This is apparently on his
        death cert. do you want the contact. Jan.

        > > Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter
        > now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline

      • mpexota
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
          Alex.. A number of years ago you were doing some research with Linda Adam on the Birnie family of Peterhead..and I am hoping that this is still true.. I have a James Birnie 1782-1830 Longate St. married to Margaret Bain 1788-1871 that I am finding it hard to find his parents. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...db
        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
            Hello.

            I was unable to connect James Birnie 1782-1830 to my Birnie family tree.
            James & Margaret Bain married 10.06.1813 in Peterhead. James died 15.11.1830
            Peterhead. His occupation was Harbourmaster & Mason (per Margaret's and his
            son Alexander's death certificates).

            James baptism was 16.09.1782 in Peterhead. The IGI shows an Alexander Birnie
            as his father but no mother's name is given. The unfortunate part being that
            without knowing his mother's name I cannot make a positive connection
            although I feel certain there is one.

            If I can help you with any further information about James please let me
            know.

            Cheers,
            Linda Adam