Re: [Peterhead] Re: Reid families in Peterhead

  • jan boyton
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 13, 2008
      H Alex Ritchie,Thanks for the death dates. I received another note about William and  appears he  marred three times not two, He married Elspet Buchan (Margaret?) and they had 3 children May 1827,,Jane 1830, William 1832. Elspet must have died as her remarried in 1835 to May Strachan, and  Had daughter/ s ?(Twins) Janet and Jessie in 1836 , Margaret Willamson  in 1837 , Anne, in 1839, James 1839, James 1841, then he married Jean Foreman in1843 and had 8 more children.. Maria Anne 1844, Elizabeth 1846, Alexander Birnie 1847 , Hugh 1849, Ralph James 1852, Arthur 1852,J 1854, Peter 1856, His youngest son is my Gt Gfather. Some of his sons came out to Australia and settled in Sydney. I have an old  Peterhead Researchers list whch has your name on it but I have not as yet checked all the links though some of the surnames are in my lines. Thanks again Jan

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 13, 2008
        Hi sandi mcintyre, the names do not fit nto my families at ths time but i am still going.   Thanks Jan

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 15, 2008
          --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "ugiepark1" <alex-jean.ritchie@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Jan,
          > William Reid's first wife (May Strachan) died in 1841. He then
          > married Jane Foreman on October 9th.1843. She died on September
          > 7th.1858.
          >
          > Hope this helps.............Alex Ritchie
          >

          > --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, jan boyton <j.boyton@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi. I am new to this site but last week I found a list of
          Peterhead
          > Researchers on Google and when I did not receive replies I searched
          > furthur and found all of you interesting researchers on here.  I
          am
          > a descendant of  a William Reid   b Aug 1805 Peterhead father
          > > James Reid, . William was married to May Strachan 2 May 1835 in
          > Peterhead and they had5 or 6 children.by 1841. Wm married again, so
          > assume May Died, any suggestions as to how I can cvonfirm this
          would
          > be appreciated.Jan Boyton
          > > Hi Alex, Thanks for your reply I have 3 marriages for Wm. Reid
          now from replies, A member told me that he had 3 children to a Elspet
          Buchan, Mat 1927 Jane 1830 William1832. This is apparently on his
          death cert. do you want the contact. Jan.

          > > Start your day with Yahoo!7 and win a Sony Bravia TV. Enter
          > now http://au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline

        • mpexota
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
            Alex.. A number of years ago you were doing some research with Linda Adam on the Birnie family of Peterhead..and I am hoping that this is still true.. I have a James Birnie 1782-1830 Longate St. married to Margaret Bain 1788-1871 that I am finding it hard to find his parents. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated...db
          • Linda Adam
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2009
              Hello.

              I was unable to connect James Birnie 1782-1830 to my Birnie family tree.
              James & Margaret Bain married 10.06.1813 in Peterhead. James died 15.11.1830
              Peterhead. His occupation was Harbourmaster & Mason (per Margaret's and his
              son Alexander's death certificates).

              James baptism was 16.09.1782 in Peterhead. The IGI shows an Alexander Birnie
              as his father but no mother's name is given. The unfortunate part being that
              without knowing his mother's name I cannot make a positive connection
              although I feel certain there is one.

              If I can help you with any further information about James please let me
              know.

              Cheers,
              Linda Adam