Alexander Duncan married to Isobel Gray

  • bigrab74
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2008
      Have researched back in time to the birth of an Andrew Duncan, with
      father Alexander Duncan, and am trying to determine whether or not I've
      got the right parents...

      Andrew's birth certificate states his father was Alexander.

      I have two marriages which are possibilities - an Alexander married to
      a Janet Pirie, and an Alexander married to an Isobel Gray. It is this
      second one which I am thinking is the correct one (marriage date of
      1749)

      Andrew was born in 1752, and MAY have had an older sister Ann (b1750)
      and a younger sister Grizel/Grizell (b1753).

      The witnesses given at the birth have one thing in common - an Andrew
      Gray, who I am assuming to be Isobel's father.

      If this rings any bells with anyone, please get in touch!