James Robertson & Margaret Skinner

  • moresmall
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 28, 2008
      Hi

      Anyone on this site with connections to the above James & Margaret
      would love to hear from you.

      They are my 3rd great grandparents, James was born abt 1799 in
      Peterhead, he died before May 1871, and Margaret born abt 1799 & died 8
      March 1877. James & Margaret had 1 son, a James Robertson born abt.
      1819 & died 7 May 1871 in the Royal Lunatic Hospital, Aberdeen.

      Would love to find out more about James & Margaret.

      Regards

      Maureen, - enjoying late spring down under in New Zealand.
    • Ian Robertson
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 28, 2008
        I have a John Robertson (1768 - 1855) (wife not known), who had a son
        James Watson Robertson who died 1853, all events in Peterhead. In this
        family the first born female was named Margaret (died 1841).

        Might James Watson be your 3rd great grandparent? If so we are related
        by way of James' brother John (1794- abt 1870)

        Ian Robertson

        864 Pacific Dr.

        Delta, BC

        V4M 2K3

      • moresmall
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2008
          -Hi Ian

          Sorry we appear to have a different family of Robertson (we may have
          made contact in the past) - I believe there was 2 or even 3 families
          of Robertsons in or around Peterhead. I have since found out that
          my James Robertson died in Aberdeen's Asylum in May 1871. Appears
          that family may have split up as I am struggling to find my my gt
          grandmother, (Ann Smith 1817-1904) and my grandmother Jane Robertson
          b 1849 any in the census.

          Regards

          Maureen