Re: Duncan family tree

  • bty20501509
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2008
      Mary,
      Strangely enough I was discussing the page with William Duncan
      on it with the registrar on Thursday.Her opinion was that none of the
      bodies had ever been found or if found could not be identified.This
      was because there is no cause of death entered and no corrections
      entered at the side or as corrective entry note (the script on the
      left hand side is just the registrar initialling a small mistake).Do
      you any proof from your side bodies were never found. William Duncan
      is my ggg grandfather.I have the report below from the local library
      but would be grateful for any other reports on the event.

      Re lairs the registrar is certainly the key because in my own case I
      have a mixture of 4 generations over 119 years in 1 lair (14 burials -
      must be some sort of record).Gravestone inscription only covers 8 of
      them.I got a copy of the lairs entries but had to photograph it as it
      wont scan for D134,135 and D136 (which I think contains Donna
      interests)All Duncan's or relatives of.

      Have sent Donna an email as I cant post photo on here, Might try see
      if I can post them on photo section

      Rgds George Duncan