Re: MARY McKAY

  • haworth.jill
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
      --- In Peterhead@yahoogroups.com, "dennis688730" <denniswardle@...>
      wrote:

      > My wife's ancestors lived in the Peterhead area. One of her,
      > possible, relatives was a Mary McKay. She died in Nov. 1845 and was
      > buried in the same grave in St.Peters cemetry as another THIRTEEN
      > relatives.
      > 7 Colvins...1 Oman...3 Thomsons...and 2 Raffertys.
      > Dennis Wardle PS. My wife's name was
      > Muriel Colvin.

      I have a Mary McKay in my family tree. She is indicated as the
      mother, on the death certificate of my g-g grandfather, John Slessor,
      who died in 1871. His father was Alexander Slessor, both of whom
      were shown as "dead" on John's death certificate. John Slessor had a
      brother George Slessor who died in 1856 and his death certificate
      shows same parents. I have had no luck in finding any information
      about Alexander Slessor or Mary McKay. Don't know if there is any
      connection to your Mary McKay.
      Jill Haworth