Jane ANGUS (also Jane HENDERSON, also Jane SUTHERLAND)

  • Henderson, Roy
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
      I have been trying, without success, to trace the final stage of my
      paternal grandmother's life.

      Her maiden name was Jane ANGUS. She married my grandfather, George Reid
      HENDERSON, around 1908. Her husband was KIA in 1918.

      Around 1926 she married a local plumber, SUTHERLAND. He died around
      1947.

      She was well-known in Peterhead as "Nursie Sutherland" being the local
      midwife for many years. I don't know if any on this list actually knew
      her?

      Anyway, around 1948 - 1950 she emigrated to either America or Canada to
      join her daughter. She died without returning to Peterhead.

      If any member who has access to a suitable database could search around
      1948 - 1950 for Jane I would be most grateful indeed. I don't know if
      her name would have been recorded as ANGUS, HENDERSON or SUTHERLAND.

      Thanks in advance,

      Roy

      ===============================
      CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

      of this communication or message.

    • Celtic Mist
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
        roy  wher in Canada?

        ________________________________

        ============ ========= ========= =

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 20, 2008
          Unfortunately, I don't know. I always used to believe she had gone to
          America but one of my relatives thinks she actually went to Canada.

          I have just drawn a complete blank on this one ...

          Roy

          ________________________________

[...]

          The information contained in this message is privileged, confidential,
          and protected from disclosure.
          This message is intended for the individual or entity addressed herein.
          If you are not the intended recipient,
          please do not read, copy, use or disclose this communication to others.
          Also please notify the sender by
          replying to this message, and then delete it from your system. The
          sender totally disclaims, and will not
          accept, any responsibility or liability for the unauthorized use, or the
          consequences of any unauthorized use,
          of this communication or message.

          ===============================
          CONFIDENTIAL & PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

          of this communication or message.

        • Linda Adam
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 21, 2008
            Roy,
            I located 2 Jane Sutherland's on the U.S. Social Security Death Index.
            One was born April 10, 1889 and the other June 13, 1888.
            If you feel either of these are possibilities I will gladly give you further
            details.
            Linda Adam

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2008
              I checked the Ellis Island website for an entry to the US by a Jane Sutherland, a Jane Henderson, or a Jane Angus.  There are no records for an entry close to the 1948-1950 time frame.

              What is her birth date?  I could check US Census records if I had an age to go by.

              Diane