Re: [Peterhead] James Duthie Strachan

  • Margie
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
      Linda,

      Yes Jean is still at Balmoor Terrace- I don't know her daughter in law
      but she has a sister Margaret in Canada
      and Elizabeth in Peterhead was brought up with the family when her own
      mother died in childbirth.
      Jean's mother was Elizabeth's mother's sister. Lizzie and Muggie Cow- I
      have most of the information on that side of the family

      Margie( maiden name Cowe)
    • Linda Adam
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
        Margie,

        Thank you for the information. My connection is with the Strachan family but
        now I can possibly contact Jean to learn a bit more about her children with
        James.

        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 16, 2008
          Does anyone know if the Peterhead Sentinel for 19 Oct 1866 is online
          anywhere? I have a transcription of a short article headlined “ARRIVAL OF
          THE QUEEN FROM DAVIS STRAITS” but would very much like a JPG or PDF of the
          original.

          Many thanks

          Richard

          Richard Collinson - (Norwich, UK - 52°38'31.58"N 001°17'36.86"E)

          www.family-trees.org.uk