James Duthie Strachan

  • Linda Adam
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
      I have received a copy of James Duthie Strachan's death certificate and
      wonder if any list member in the Peterhead can be of assistance.

      Death registered in Peterhead.
      James Duthie Strachan, 71, Telephonist (Retired), Ugie Hospital, Peterhead
      May 15, 1999
      Usual residence: 10 Balmoor Terrace, Peterhead
      Cause: 1a. Bronchopneumonia 1b. Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
      Certifying registered medical practitioner: Bruce Strachan
      Spouse: Jean Buchan Cowe
      Parents: John Inglis Strachan, Railway Clerk (deceased) & Margaret Fraser
      Duthie (m.s.) or Strachan, (deceased)
      Informant: Gwen Strachan, Daughter-in-law, Roselea, Mormond View, New Leeds.
      AB42 4HX

      I have checked UK phone directories and was unable to locate a Strachan at
      the New Leeds address. However the Peterhead Directory does list J. Strachan
      at 10 Balmoor Terrace. Would any list member be able to tell me if Jean
      Strachan is still at this address and does anyone recognize the name Gwen
      Strachan.

      Cheers,
      Linda Adam
      Ontario, Canada

    • Margie
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
        Linda,

        Yes Jean is still at Balmoor Terrace- I don't know her daughter in law
        but she has a sister Margaret in Canada
        and Elizabeth in Peterhead was brought up with the family when her own
        mother died in childbirth.
        Jean's mother was Elizabeth's mother's sister. Lizzie and Muggie Cow- I
        have most of the information on that side of the family

        Margie( maiden name Cowe)
      • Linda Adam
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2008
          Margie,

          Thank you for the information. My connection is with the Strachan family but
          now I can possibly contact Jean to learn a bit more about her children with
          James.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 16, 2008
            Does anyone know if the Peterhead Sentinel for 19 Oct 1866 is online
            anywhere? I have a transcription of a short article headlined “ARRIVAL OF
            THE QUEEN FROM DAVIS STRAITS” but would very much like a JPG or PDF of the
            original.

            Many thanks

            Richard

            Richard Collinson - (Norwich, UK - 52°38'31.58"N 001°17'36.86"E)

            www.family-trees.org.uk