Re: [Peterhead] Margaret Stephen

  • Anne Allan
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 31, 2008
      Eileen

      I have Kinghorns in my tree, married into my Aitkens, a bit later than
      your dates.
      John Kinghorn b 1822 at Longside, married Margaret Aitken (b 1824 Peterhead)
      They married in 1843, had 9 children (including an Adam) and both died
      at Old Deer.
      So far I have not researched this branch of the family.

      Anne

      allan344789 wrote:

      > Hi everyone,
      > I'm trying to find out what became of a Margaret Stephen , who gave
      > birth to my Gr Gr grandfather Alexander Kinghorn in 1812 in Old Deer.
      > She was an unmarried domestic servant in Auchenmachar and accused Adam
      > Kinghorn in Longside as the father. He denied it , but was later
      > brought before the Kirk Session charged with a Trilapse of fornication.
      > I think that 3 women had a child to him before he married a Jane
      > Cocker, and had a large family with her around Strichen.
      > Alexander Kinghorn first appears in the 1841 Census in Peterhead with
      > his wife Christian Middleton.
      > I would love to know where he was brought up and what became of his
      > mother.
      >
      > Any suggestions anyone?
      > Eileen Harrop

    • ALLAN HARROP
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2008
        Hi Anne,

        John was the son of Adam and Jane Cocker.

        I have collected a huge amount of information about all Aberdeenshire Kinghorns over the years.

        Please let me know if you have any gaps to be filled in.

        Regards